A Group of Bandits

I stared at them with surprise when suddenly i felt a hand grip my arm. One of the guys had lifted me up by both of my shoulders and held on tight with no intention of letting me go. "Well look what we have here, Robin!" he said, referring to the the boy sauntering towards me. His ensemble consisted of leather and a black bowler hat with curls peeping out from under it. He had dark brown eyes and I could tell that he was about eighteen. He stood inches away from me, looking into my eyes. "I see we've caught the Merryweather's house pet; Lunara." he said smugly. They all laughed at me, while I glared at him and said, "I find it pathetic that you can't even catch a little girl, and even got hurt in the process!" I quickly elbowed the person behind me in the groin which made him loosen his grip. That gave me enough time to punch Robin in the stomach and make a run for the gate. My father taught me to always go for the leader in times like this. "Hey get back here!" someone shouted, and before long i was almost halfway up the gate. I've always been a skilled climber which comes in handy.They tried to catch me but couldn't grip onto the iron and kept falling to the ground. I smirked back at Robin on the other side of the gate, who looked at me with vengeful eyes. "This isn't over yet, Nightingale!"

"Aww don't look so disappointed sweetheart." I gave him small wave and headed home to Merryweather Manor. That was my first and definitely not last encounter with the infamous Robin de Noir, son of Coeur de Noir who was the leader of the clan. We Nightingales, used to be on good terms with the De Noirs, until our family became allies with the Merryweathers. Since I am the last Nightingale, I am hated by the de Noirs and I have no doubts that Coeur would want my head on a plate. I finally arrived and as I walked into the foyer, I spotted the girl I had seen in the carriage. It turns out her name is Maria. She wore a beautiful dress with an elegant hairstyle, while my attire was far from formal. Her "nanny" Miss Heliotrope seemed shocked at my appearance. Benjamin noticed and said, "Oh you must forgive Lunara, she wasn't expecting company!"
"Lunara? What a pretty name." Maria commented.
"Thank you!" I replied, shocked. I noticed her carrying a big leather bound book that sparked my curiosity and I immediately wanted to learn more about this strange girl.