Chapter 1

Aerona looked down at the cart, covered with her new stuff for her first year of Hogwarts. She wiped her sweaty palms on her cloak and looked up at her mother. Her mom gave her a reassuring smile and wrapped her arms around Aerona as they ran through the wall together.

Aerona woke up from her dream, or more her memory. She couldn't quite figure out why that memory had come to mind.

"Wake up you daft twat" Her best friend Rosie said hitting her with one of the white pillows.

"I was just about to you fat minger" Aerona shot back. Rosie sarcastically gasped at the insult, and they both laughed at each other, rather pleased with the insults they had come up with on the spot.

"Get your uniform on" Rosie command. "I don't want to be late for breakfast again." She complained.

"Last time it was your fault" Aerona countered.

"But most of the time it's you" Rosie replied.

Aerona got up from her bed, and got dressed into her ravenclaw uniform. She stood in front of a mirror brushing her blonde hair.

"You should wear makeup everyone is doing it at this age" Rosie said. Aerona rolled her eyes and continued to brush her hair.

I'm nearly thirteen. I don't need makeup. Aerona thought scrunching up her nose.

"Please you look ridiculous" Aerona said finishing putting her hair up into a ponytail. Rosie slapped her in the arm, and Aerona smirked at her, as they both walked out of the ravenclaw girls' dorm. They grabbed their bag and books and walked out of the ravenclaw common room, and down the Ravenclaw tower.

"I'm just saying, just because everyone else looks terrible doesn't mean you have to" Aerona smirked. Rosie once again slapped Aerona resulting in Aerona hitting her upside the head with a book. Rosie stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

"Do you ever shut your Mouth?" Rosie asked.

"Hardly" the blonde replied.

They turned a corner to see Draco Malfoy and his two Muppets making fun of a poor first year Hufflepuff. They started to push him around, and slam the books out of the poor boy's hands. This was usually what happened to poor first years, but Aerona still felt bad about it.

"You spent a whole summer with him and you didn't kill yourself?" Rosie asked motioning to Draco.

"I'm just as surprised as you are. It's almost the end of the school year, and I still remember the torture of having to see him everyday for half a summer." She corrected. "I hate my parents" Aerona complained.

"How are you parents even friends?" Rosie asked.

"I have no idea. I think our dads work together? Hold my books" Aerona said, dropping the books on her friend. She started to walk over to Draco.

"What are you doing?" Rosie hissed, the boys still laughing at the first year.

"Cut it out, Malfoy" Aerona demanded. Draco stopped to look at Aerona, almost as if he were disgusted, and he definitely was.

"Since when do you tell me what to do, Bisk?" Draco asked her.

"I'm telling you to leave him alone, right now" Aerona demanded. The young first year ran off. "You're a filthy little rat. You put shame to the word pureblood. You seem more like muggle to me. You have the same skill equivalent" She smirked. He gritted his teeth, and she flicked her ponytail into his face, walking away towards Rosie.

"Well done" Rosie said handing Aerona back her bag.

They walked into the Dining room and walked down to where their roommates Octavia, Luna, and Summer were already eating.

"Hello" Luna said, as they sat down across from the two.

"What took you so long?" Summer asked, as she pushed her black hair out of her face.

"Aerona lost her uniform" Rosie said sarcastically. Aerona slapped Rosie across the arm.

"I did not!" Aerona hissed. Rosie smirked.

"She saw Draco beat up a kid, and she basically told Draco to buzz off and it was pretty funny" Rosie said. Summer choked on her drink.

"You did what? Tell me more" Octavia said.

"Aerona tell me you didn't beat him up again" Summer said quickly her Scottish accent almost hiding what she was trying to say.

"Tell me you did" Octavia replied.

"I called Malfoy a rat" Aerona simply said taking a bite of my bacon.

"No. You didn't simple call Draco a rat you said, and I quote 'you're a filthy little rat.' And then you said he has the skill equality of a muggle. It was bloody brilliant actually." Rosie corrected.

"Sounds interesting to me" Luna said.

"He thinks I'm scared of him" Aerona laughed. For some reason that was so funny to her.

"Look at that little twit" Rosie said, all of us looking at the table.

"Pathetic really. Who would be scared of him?" Octavia asked.

"I still can't figure that out" Aerona said to her friends.

"You think after all the time Aerona is forced to spend with him, some of her decency would rub off on him" Summer scoffed.

"But he's still such a slimy little cockroach" Rosie said.

"Agreed" Aerona said. But she didn't quite really agree completely.

She looked at him, he was yelling at Goyle. She didn't see that though. She thought that maybe he wasn't so bad. Yes. He was rude. Yes. He was bossy. Yes. He was spoiled. But as she thought about it she was also the three of these things. He looked over at her and she looked away quickly.

Soon Breakfast was over, and it was time for Aerona's favorite classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts. She also liked potions. She couldn't deny that. Professor Snape was close friends with her parents, and she found the class interesting, not that she would ever use them. But Defense Against the Dark Arts? That was her absolute favorite.

This year Defense Against the Dark Arts was a failure. They had a twit for a teacher and all he talked out was his books. Every single girl was in love with him, except for Aerona. She scoffed at all the girls drooling all over him.

"You've got to be kidding me" Aerona remembered saying on her first day.

And now here she was her last week of her second year, and she had learned close to nothing. But it wasn't all bad. She had quite enough time to finish her other homework as he babbled on about how his hair potions were flawless.

"Ha Draco, you could use one of those" Aerona said turning around to look the blonde boy who sat behind her.

"Keep it shut, Bisk" he hissed. That was another thing she liked about this particular class. She could bother Draco.

She had annoyed him for a thin amount of time a remark here or there, but now that the school year was coming to an end, the insults started to flow out of Aerona heavily.

Two more days she thought two more days of Draco and then more Draco over the summer she joked to herself. She just kept hoping that something would happen and that she wouldn't actually have to spend the summer with him.

She had a few more boring classes. The ones that you need but no one really uses like History of Magic. Then while everyone had their last period, she had a free period.

It was potions, but the course was already done, and the only people in that class that still went were people that needed extra credit to pass. Aerona didn't need any extra credit, she already earned herself a one-hundred percent, so she liked to read.

It was a fairly nice day out today, and Aerona found herself sitting in the courtyard to read her book. She was completely alone. At last she could finish her book.