Prologue

. .     A man stood in the middle of a room anger rolling off him in waves. Light shined through clear mosaic glass, glowing white butterflies fluttering around him. His hands were curled into fist at his sides, staff now discarded behind him. The man hissed and brought up a fist, trembling slightly. 

         This man was mad. . . .    

         No, beyond mad. . . .    

         He was fumming, shaking in rage. 

         Finally, his patience ran out. 

         "GAH!" The man yelled." How could he have missed? The only thing he had to do was get their Miraculous! Next time, I'll acumatize an intellegent girl and get her to take Ladybug's yoyo -" The man then gasped and staggered backwards, his vision flashing red, body rtemperature dropping to freezing. 

         Then, as soon as it started, it stopped. The man's vision returned to normal and his body tempurature rose back to its rightful place. 

         What was different, however, was the insane grin on his face and devious glint in his eyes. 

        What he just felt was perfect, just perfect! 

         'Looks like patience is a vertue.' The man smirked and held out an open hand. One white butterfly fluttered over and landed in his palm. The man took his other hand and cupped it over the butterfly. 

         "Hate and Love, Sadness and Heartbreak, so strong, the strongest I've ever felt before. Fighting for dominiance. How can a little girl like her stay sane? Who would hurt and innocenr girl like her? Ah, heartbreak, can tear you apart, but I will stitch you up at the seams." The man growled as the butterfly in his hand was consumed by black and purple shadows. When he removed his cupped hand, purple streaks shown lime cracks in the black. 

         The man then let the butterfly go. While the butterfly flew toward a single opening in the glass mosaic, the man howled, "Go, my shadowed butterfly, and open herr scars! Tear her apart, and blacken her heart!" 

          The darkened butterfly glided through the opening, beating its little wings across the Paris scyline, then around a corner toward a bench that held a girl, hugging her knees, head between them. The vlsck butterfly meaunerver through her legs and slipped through her clother right above her heart, the settled inside her chest, landing lightly on her racing heart. 

         The girl's tears stopped and her breathing hitched. The girl squeezed her chest, feeling no heartbeat, and fell off the bench onto the wet concrete, vision going black. She curled into an even tighter ball, earning a little squeek from a tiny creature in her purse. The creature flew out and tried to pull the girl up. 

         "Lady, LADY! Get up!" The little creature cried. 

         The girl stopped trembling and went limp. Her lips turned blue, hair plastered to her head as rain trailed down her face like tears. 

         The creature started to cry. "Please, get up, please..." the creature ended with a sob. The creature then sunk by the girls's side, head down. 

         Suddenly, the girl whispered inacold, tired voice, "No." 

         The creature flew up and whopped in joy. She was alive! 

         The kawami's twirling was replaced with shrieking as it was pulled toward the girl. Before the creature had any time to escape the whirlpool of air pulling it in, the little kawami dissapeared with a slight pop, its shrieking fading away. 

         The girl uncurled herself slowly, hands trembling as they felt the ground. She pushed herself onto her knees, then to her legs, leaning on a wall for support. Her legs shook as the girl wrapped her arms around herself. 

         A presence then entered her mind, purple lines in the shape of a moth appearing in front of her face. Around her eyes darkened, giving her a menacing look. 

         A far away yet strong voice got her attention. 

        'Hello, Frozen Inferno, I am Hawkmoth. I can heal those scars, that cold stone heart. I can set your kindling ablaze, unlock your box of emotions, setting you free. The only thing you have to do for me is get Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculouses. Are you willing to let. Your emotions take control and lead you in the right direction, the direction that you thought was never there?" 

         The girl was silent, fighting an internal battle. Finally, her emotions took over and broke free. She spoke softly in reply, her breath rising in front of her in a thin white cloud "I'm so cold, Hawkmoth, why am I so cold?"

         Hawkmoth said nothing for a few moments, trying to come up with something to say. Finally, it clicked. 

         'Frozen Inferno,' Hawkmoth said and sighed, voice laced with true pity. 'your heart is broken and is freezing over. I can close that rift, making you whole again. Do you accept?" 

         Tears rolled off her face, mixing with the cold drips falling from the sky. Her legs stopped shaking, hands launching to her hair, pulling the rubber bands that held her hair back. Her hair flowed down to below her shoulder blades, making her look taller. Her head hung forward, a piece of hair covering her left eye. 

         The girl then spoke in a cold, bitter tone, sending shivers down Hawkmoth's spine. 

         "Let my emotions go, Hawkmoth, let me burn." The girl lifted her head, visible eye snapping open. 

          Icey blue eyes stared into the darkened sky as the girl let out a horror filled scream, lampost around her melt, lights flickering, the metal hissing as the cool rain covered its surface. The pavement under her feet froze, windows cracking and bricks crumbling, dropping the girl's body temperature tremendously. 

         The girl took a deep breath in, the freezing air creating ice crystals in her lungs. She then laughed quietly, everything lining up. 

         "So this is why I was so cold." She whispered. 

I AM DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!! 977 words not including this!