We walked upstairs and walked into my room.
"I don't like her" Madison said.
"Neither do I, but she's family so I'm forced too" I said. Madison walked into my closet and turned on the light. I sat down on my bed and huffed. It's been a long and tiring day. I don't know if I'll make it past 9 to be honest.
"What about this?" Madison asked walking out with a maroon colored dress. It was lace and tight at the hips.
"I guess that's fancy enough" I said.
"The tags are still on them, you've never worn this before?" She asked. I shook my head. "I don't like the way it looked on me" I said.
"When did you get it?" She asked.
"Last year" I said.
"That was last year, try again this year" She said. I sighed and stood up from my bed. I quickly stripped from my clothes and slipped on the dress. I walked over to the full body mirror and looked at myself. It definitely looked different the last year.
"You look great" Madison said.
"Is it fancy enough?" I asked.
"It will be when you wear heels" She said. She placed black heels in front of me and I slipped them on. I looked at myself in the mirror and bit my lip.
"Come on, I'll touch up your makeup" She said. I nodded and sat down in front of my vanity.

"Okay you're done" Madison said. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked good. Madison lightly curled the ends of my brown hair and handed me a black wristlet. I grabbed money from a jar and then stuck it in the little pocket inside the bag. I turned around and Madison bombed me with perfume.
"Madison!" I said and started to cough.
"You got it in my mouth!" I said.
"You shouldn't have talked then" She said.
"Stop, that's too much!" I said.
"There" She said completely ignoring me.
"You look good, and I plan to leave now, just so that‐" I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. I opened the door.
"Billy" I said. He popped his head out of the door.
"Go get to the door before Ashley does" I said. He ran downstairs and I heard him open the door just as Ashley walked past the stairs. Is it really 6? I looked at the clock and it read 6:01 p.m. Wow. I didn't even realize that.
"I guess I take that back" Madison said.
"I'll see you tomorrow, tell me how it goes" She said and walked out of the room. "Thanks Madison" I said. She nodded and walked downstairs.

I looked at myself one last time before walking out of my room. I slowly walked down the stairs, careful not to trip. My heels clicked against the floor and I saw Ethan standing at the door, listening to something Billy was saying. Ethan had one of his hands in his pockets and he leaned against the door frame. His hair was gelled up in the front; he made the gel look as if the swoop was natural. He was wearing dress pants, dress shoes and a polo shirt. We made eye contact and I saw his eyes lower themselves. He studied by outfit and looked back up at me. He licked his lips and pushed himself off the frame. He looked good, really good.
"What time are you gonna be home?" Billy asked.
"Not too late" I said. He nodded. I turned to look to see if Ashley was anywhere nearby, or if she was still here and she was. Standing close by with Poppy standing at her side. Poppy ran to Ethan and he smiled and bent down to her.
"Hey beautiful" He said and she wrapped her little arms around his neck.
"Hi Ethan" She said and smiled.
"Doesn't Ly look pretty?" She asked.
"She looks very pretty" Ethan said and looked up at me.
"Poppy why don't you come helps me finish making dinner" Ashley said. Poppy nodded and ran back over to Ashley. Ethan stood up and looked at Ashley. She smiled at him, and walked over to us.
"I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Ashley" She said.
"No, I don't sorry" He said. Ashley was eyeing Ethan up, but Ethan didn't seem to notice.
"I'm the cousin" She said.
"Right, the one that's in college" Ethan said. Of course he'd remember that about her. Ashley is very pretty; I just hope that he doesn't go for her. I hope he doesn't go for anyone.
"Right" She said.
"Well, it was nice seeing you again, hopefully I'll see you again" She said.
"You as well" He said. I looked at Billy, and he gave me a nervous look. We both know what Ashley is capable of. Ashley stole her sister's boyfriend from her, and they're still not speaking. Mary Kate won't even come to family gatherings because of Ashley. "Ready, babe?" Ethan asked.
"Yeah" I said and looked back at Ashley. She gave me a smile, but I could see it was
fake.