Loaded Gun

"Come on, let's go," I said impatiently. Liz looked at me a little more than annoyed. I looked away from her feeling a little sorry that I was pestering her. "Sorry. It's just that this my first concert and I don't want miss it."
     "I know, Mia," she said. I looked back at her and smiled. "I'm sorry that I can't be there with you, but you know my dad. If I try to go to the concert he will try to kill me." We both laughed. Liz's dad may be strict, but he would never hurt his daughter.
     "That's okay," I said. I turned to walk back to my room, but stopped when Wretched and Divine began playing. I started singing along to the song and Liz humming the guitar part. We looked at each other and smiled.
     "Oh, wow," Liz said. "When was the last time we did that?" She was laughing and smiling. I was laughing and smiling, but I was crying on the inside. The last time we sang along to a Black Veil Brides song was before my mom died and before my dad left. Since then I have been living by myself.
     "It's been a while," I answered at last. I looked at the clock on the wall and nearly jumped out of my skin. "Holy crap, we're going to be late!" Liz looked at the clock and grabbed my arm. We ran to the car and drove to the concert hall.

     We made it before the traffic got too crazy. L.A. has the worst traffic and it always seems like it happens when people have to be somewhere important. I thanked Liz for driving me and got out of the car. "Hey, happy eighteenth birthday, Mia." I smiled and she drove off. I grabbed my ticket and headed to the entrance.
     The room packed with fans and guards. The stage was set for the concert and the room was lit with only the lights on stage. I smiled and walked to where I felt would have the best view. I looked at the lineup. Juliet Simms is going on first then Black Veil Brides will perform. Okay, I think I have time to finish my drawing. I took out my sketchbook and a pencil and began drawing. I was humming Drag Me To the Grave and eventually everyone began humming along.

     "BLACK VEIL BRIDES! BLACK VEIL BRIDES! BLACK VEIL BRIDES!" The crowd was chanting after Juliet finished singing with Andy. Everyone was excited and I was beginning to wonder if was safe to be here.
     The members began to file in. First Ashley, then CC, Jinx, Jake and lastly Andy. The chants got louder and the crowd became more aggressive. I joined in the chants and soon they began playing. The crowd was screaming at the top of their lungs and we're moving forward to the stage. I moved with crowd  and ended up against the railing. I looked up to see Andy right in front of me. My heartbeat quickened and my face turned bright red. I smiled though and began singing along with Andy, hitting every note I could. "This is New Year's Day. So raise for the ashes." Everything felt right, and in place. Nothing could ruin this.

     Bang! A gun fired and people were igloo screaming. I stood frozen, as I watched Andy fall to the ground. There were screams and people running out of the room. The guards got the remaining members of Black Veil Brides off the stage, despite the fact that they were trying to get to Andy. I broke from my trance and started to go to Andy. I stopped when I felt a familiar touch. The barrel of gun pressed against my back and I heard a click. I turned around to see the face of the marksmen, but I failed. The gun fired and I fell to the ground.