I sighed, giving Chase a small nod as I reached out and pulled the door handle towards myself. The door popped open, allowing me to jump out of the passengers' seat with little difficulty. Again referencing my temporary clumsiness, I almost always fell when getting out of our car. The car was close enough to the ground that I either tripped over the pavement right then and there or I was able to make it out without a scratch; there was no in between. Chase locked the doors before I made my way around to his side. At least I didn't fall this time.

We walked quietly up to the campus, the sidewalk was a mere twenty feet from where Chase had parked the car. Everywhere, there were students attempting to make their way to class. It was easy pick out which of the students were the freshmen and which were the upperclassmen. The freshmen held a look of pure confusion written across their faces as they stumbled along on the sidewalk to the center of campus. Luckily for them, the staff has instated that ten feet from every building there would be a large map for guidance. That would have helped immensely on Chase and I's first day of college.

"Where do we meet for the bowling class again?" Chase sighed as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his schedule. He usually never asked me about things like this. He had every classroom, every teacher's name, and every detail of the classes he was enrolled in memorized by the first day. This was weird.

"Over there." I pointed before turning my head to glance back at him. "By the gym." I continued, getting a sure nod back from Chase. I could feel my face scrunch up as he looked away from me. Following his gaze, I could see a girl in the courtyard had caught his eye. Within seconds I could feel the jealousy growing inside of me. She was gorgeous, if anything, and she had already caught the apple of my eye.

I could get a pretty clear view of the girl, even from where we were standing. The short dirty blonde hair, the dark makeup she had cleanly applied to her face. I could even get a small glimpse of her dark brown eyes from up here. The small freckles on her face were only over shown by the way her cheekbones elongated her face. She had the gothic look down with her tight black tank top and her black skinny jeans. The biker boots only completed the look. She was a far stretch for Chase, but I knew if he really tried, he could get anyone. I had always just seen him as someone more like myself... For obvious reasons.

When looking at her, I could vaguely remember hearing her name once before. It had to have been during an art related class my freshmen year. It looked as though she was carrying a sketchbook. Becky, or something, I think it was.

"How about you head to class and I'll meet you there?" I muttered, not wishing to watch the scene play out any longer. I hated it when Chase had a crush on someone. Surprisingly enough, it doesn't happen too often. But when it does, he always falls for someone stunning like her. Someone that I could never compete with.

I caught Chase's attention with that statement as he reached out and grabbed onto my arm. "No!" He whined, a small smile hitting his face. I shook my head, at the same time trying to shake my arm out of his grip. "We have the same first class. Why don't we just go together?" Chase reasoned, only making it harder for me to get away. Not only was it getting too hard to watch Chase stare at that girl, but I really needed to hear Lewis out. Our friend had made it sound important, despite how vague he was over text. Plus, I'll be honest in saying I'm sometimes a sucker for a good piece of gossip about my three best guy friends.

"We will go together." I sighed, finally forcing him to release my arm. I couldn't even look him in the eye as I spun back around to face him. My sight had fluttered down to my feet. "But first I need to go meet up with Zac. He wanted to meet before class." I lied smoothly, looking up just in time to see the disgust suddenly written over Chase's face.