"There's got to be a weak spot somewhere..." He mumbled as he slammed himself into the robot's abdomen. Eggman said his usual quips during their battles (Sonic had concluded long ago that he just liked to here himself talk.) "Come on, Mahkah... You can think of something..."

As he kept Eggman busy, he slowly started to grow vines from the trees, hoping nobody would notice. When they were fully grown, his friends arrived.

"Guys! Use those vines over there to trip him!" He shouted as they ran toward the trees, getting enough vines to make Eggman's robot fall. While it was falling, Sonic rammed himself into the glass tube, grabbing Shadow and running from the scene. As soon as Eggman's robot hit the ground, he was gone.

"Put me down, faker!" Shadow growled out as struggled to get out of Sonic's arms.

"Nah, after a shock like that, you might want to keep from walking."

"I can walk, you idiot."

"If you say so..." Sonic put Shadow down and smirked as Shadow's legs started to shake. He glared at Sonic before turning around and... falling flat on the ground.

Sonic laughed at his rival as Shadow struggled to get back up. "You sure you don't need help?"

"I'm fine." Shadow growled out as he struggled to keep upright.

"Alright..." Sonic smiled before conjuring a flower, when Shadow wasn't looking, and sniffing it.

'Such a beautiful scent. I really did do good with this world...' He thought as he twirled the flower in his fingers. His ears twitched as Shadow fell again with a pained grunt.

"You know, I can take you to your place, no charge at all."

Shadow growled, but ended up sighing in defeat. "Fine."

Sonic smiled and walked up to him, bending down and handing him the flower. "Something for your troubles."

Shadow stared at the flower, regarding it with vague curiosity. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Nah, you've had enough for today." Sonic smiled as Shadow stared at the flower, finally taking it. Then Sonic picked up the other hedgehog and ran into Station Square.

Club Rouge had to be the brightest building in the whole city, even in the day time. The whole building just radiated with charm that the owner made sure to keep there. Sonic smiled as he knocked on the door.

When Rouge opened the door, she instantly started laughing at the scene before her. Shadow's arms were crossed, trying to still look like his edgy, loner self. In the end, it just made him look cute, causing Rouge to laugh more.

When she composed herself, she let the two in. "What happened?"

"Eh, just a run in with ole Egghead. Shadow couldn't walk, so I decided to bring him here." Sonic answered as he set Shadow on the couch. Shadow grunted as he looked away from them.

Rouge smiled. "Well, thanks for bringing him home. I would've been worried sick." She laughed, making Shadow roll his eyes.

Sonic chuckled. "Well, I better get going. I want to finish my run."

He did his signature thumbs up with a wink and left. "Welp, that was fun."

He decided to walk through Station Square, looking at all of the wonderful things that his creations had made. Of course, not everything they did was good, but he can learn to forgive.

His ear twitched as he heard a bell ringing. His attention turned to two guys standing in front of a run down building. Being the generous person he is, he walked over there.

"What's going on over here?" He asked, a smile on his face.

One of the two stared at him with wide eyes. The other one just hadn't noticed yet.

"S-Sonic the Hedgehog!?" He asked, amazement in his eyes.

"The one and only." Sonic chuckled. "So, are you raising money, or something?"

"Y-Yeah! We're raising money so we can make our own church!" His tone then lowered to disappointment. "But nobody believes in our religion."

"What is it?" Sonic asked curiously.

The other guy piped up. "We believe that the children of the sun and the moon created Earth, and that their youngest son created us."

Sonic's heart almost stopped, but he didn't show it as he had a gentle smile. "Heh... Well, here's a donation for Mahkah and the others."

He flipped a few rings into the bucket. Then, with a wink, he ran off, leaving two utterly bewildered.

"Sonic the Hedgehog knows about our religion..."

A pause.

"We need to do some research..."

°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°

[Lava]

I've written a chapter! Finally!!!!