Young Love (NovaHD) Chapter 1: "The Pimp of Denver High"

Start from the beginning

"So, Aleks, why don't you introduce yourself, and then you can pick where you want to sit?" Mr. Woods leaned back in his chair, giving Aleks the spotlight. Everyone was silent waiting for Aleks to speak. The last thing he ever wanted to do. 

"Uh, hi, I'm Aleks. I'm a junior and, uh..." Before he could continue, a girl shouted from the back, "Oh my God, are you Russian? That's so cool!" She was met with responses like "Shut up Tiffany!" and "Stop trying to get in his pants already!" and of course, the original kid doing his Russian accent. Aleks stood nervously, looking over at Eddie, who gave him a thumbs up. "Yeah, I'm Russian. And, uh, you guys all seem nice, so, um, yeah." The class applauded, and several people shouted for Aleks to come sit next to them. One of them being the girl they called Tiffany, who was the most prominent. Aleks had already decided where he wanted to sit, however, and picked the seat right next to Eddie, in the second row. Some people grumbled, but Mr. Woods kept the class moving. It was surprisingly easy, due to Eddie's help on most of the questions. Aleks would need to study if he wanted to catch up.

The class flew by, and so did Literature and Physics. Aleks astounded the teachers; he was a genius. To be fair, Aleks was pretty damn smart. His father made sure of that, and wouldn't let him hang out with friends or peers back home, because he wanted him to be a doctor or a lawyer, or something along those lines. But in reality, Aleks had already learned all of these things back in sophmore year, so they came to him easily, while others struggled. He was already a class favorite with some teachers, which pissed some of the smarter students off, but it didn't bother Aleks.

~

He walked into the locker rooms, where all the rest of the boys were for gym. Turns out, this was an alternating class, and on Tuesdays and Fridays he would have Wellness, or better known to Juniors as sex ed. Fun.

Aleks quickly got changed in the bathroom, somewhat self-concious of his body. He walked out into the gym, where two nerdy-looking boys were sitting, talking to each other. Aleks decided to introduce himself.

"Uh, hi, I'm Aleks." He said, causing the two boys to look up and smile.

"Hi, I'm Dan, and this is Steven. Are you new in our class?" Aleks nodded, and the boy who Dan called Steven grinned at him. "You are going to hate this class, just you wait." Aleks nodded, looking at the two boys. Dan was a little rounder, with short brown hair and a Breaking Bad t-shirt, and Steven had curly, sandpaper hair, and was a little shorter. Aleks was taller than both of them, by at least a hand's length. But that didn't matter. They were nice.

~

After the torture of gym was over, Dan and Steven walked Aleks to lunch, asking about his classes back in Russia, talking about his teachers, and just generally caring about how his day had went. Aleks felt important, for once. "Seriously, you have Woods? Dude, lucky! I had him as a freshman, best. Year. Ever. Now I have Gibbon, she's no fun." Steven pouted as they walked into the lunchroom. It was packed with little round tables. The boys got their lunch, and Dan showed Aleks to a table in the back corner, which was nearly filled.

Eddie and Jordan sat laughing together, along with a boy with curly blonde hair, and a guy with long dark brown hair, who was silent. They looked up when the trio approached, and Jordan smiled at Aleks.

"So, I see you've met Dan and Steven. Here, come sit with me and Eddie." Aleks took his pizza and sat down between the two. The blonde boy reached around Jordan to give Aleks a high-five. "Hey, nice to finally meet you, Aleks. Name's Seamus." Aleks shook his hand, and looked over at the unnamed man. "That's Nick. He doesn't talk much." Seamus told Aleks. Aleks took a bite of his pizza, and was met with God itself. This school has amazing food... Damn, movies really ARE wrong... Aleks thought to himself. 

"Hey, where's James?" Dan inquired.

Loud stomping and cheering was heard from out in the hall. Eddie sighed, and Jordan rolled his eyes.

"That's him, yet again playing the part of Pimp for Denver High, home of the Cyclones."

A group of burly Seniors burst into the cafe, causing quite a riot. They were kicking over chairs, pushing teachers out of the way, and stealing food off of the tables. They were chanting "Wilson!" over and over again, and then, following them, was apparently, Wilson. He had broad shoulders and was tan, and had quite a few muscles. He had short, tightly curled black hair, and some stubble that had formed on his jaw. Aleks caught himself looking. He was hot.

Two giggling cheerleaders, both of whom looked like the typical sluts, accompanied him. Wilson had on a red and gold jersey, along with the other guys who were leading the parade. Eddie nudged Aleks, breaking him from his trance. "That's the hockey team."

Wilson broke away from the girls, much to their dismay. He walked past tables, stopping for the occasional high fives or "Fuck you's!", and eventually made it to their back corner. He sighed, dropping down into the seat next to Nick. 

"Damn fucking blonde bitches, never leave me the fuck alone." He cursed, running a hand through his hair. He looked up, noticing Aleks. "Who's the white bread?" Aleks gave him a look, and Eddie wrapped a protective arm around his shoulder. 

"Aleks is our new friend. I met him on Xbox. He moved here from Russia. Didn't I tell you this already?" Eddie questioned. Wilson just stared at Aleks. Aleks stared back, silence falling across the table. Jordan cleared his throat, trying to break the tension.

"So, James, why so much celebration today?" So THIS was James. James stole Jordan's hash browns, explaining.

"Hockey rosters were put up last night. They cut Rodgers so they could play me. Boy, was he pissed. Tried to take me out last period, but I laid him out, right across Piec's desk in Math. Got a detention for it, but still on the team. Definitely worth it." Aleks stared in shock, but the others didn't seem fazed by the act. Is that normal for him? Aleks pondered. The bell rang, summoning the students to fifth period. Seamus punched James in the shoulder as he passed. "Tell us when your first game is, we'll try and make it." James just nodded, walking out of the hall to the library. Eddie poked Aleks in the shoulder. 

"You think he's cute, don't you?" Eddie teased. Eddie was the only one that knew about Aleks' sexuality, and he tried to keep it a secret. Aleks slapped him on the shoulder. "Shut up." Aleks said, but Eddie knew it was true. Aleks liked James.

"Hey, are you going to study hall?" Eddie asked as they stepped out into the bustling halls.

Aleks looked down at his schedule. "Yeah, are you?" Eddie smiled.

"Yeah, and so is James. We can all sit together." Aleks grinned, and they walked to the library.

~