One

Oakland, California 1988

Keelan
         "Keelan Winslow!Wake yo' ass up" I groaned at the sound of my mothers voice waking me up for school."Damn ma do you always have to wake me up like that?" I got up and ran my fingers through my hair."What your ass just say?"I laughed a little "I said dang ma." She side eyed me,"Akikiki my ass."
      I got in the shower and then got ready for school.I put on some baggy jeans and a Tommy Hilfiger crop top.I'll admit it,I like to dress like TLC and Aaliyah.Everyone says I be biting off their style but oh well, I look better than half of the hoochies at my school.I kissed my ma goodbye and grabbed my pager and walk man as I walked out the door.
      As soon as I paged my best friend Kennedy, she walked out the house looking clean as ever of course."Hey KK!"I smiled and hugged her.Me and Kennedy were sort of popular at our school.We were known as KK and that's what everyone called us."Girl we need to get a job so we can get us a car cause this walking to school everyday won't work.A bitch perm sweating out." I laughed at her and rolled my eyes "You the one who keep getting iron outs like it ain't at least 90 degrees everyday."
   "Honey I had to let them hoochies know that Kennedy ain't bald headed."She said while flipping her hair. I laughed "You tryna be funny?" My hair was a short cut with finger waves, I saw a girl with this style in the magazines and I just had to get it.We finally made it to school and looked around.Today is Friday and we've only been in school for a week so I wasn't familiar with everyone yet.
     As I scanned through the crowd I noticed a group of niggas and they were all fine.I got Kennedy's attention,"Who are they?" She smirked "I knew you would try to get at them.The lightest one is Travis, he's in my government class and I be tryna spit game cause bitch he is fine." I laughed "He is cute and all but who is the chocolate one with the bandanna on?Thats the finest bald head nigga I've ever seen."
     Kennedy burst out laughing but I was dead serious.She was about to say something but Travis looked at us and told us to come over there.All his homeboys was looking at us like eye candy, except for mr.bandanna.He had a scowl on his face, like he was upset or something.As we walked I noticed the piercing in his nose. "Hey." Kennedy said as Travis hugged her."Sup Keelan." I waved at him and smiled, not wanting to say anything to him because Kennedy gets paranoid when it comes to her boyfriends and shit.
    "Awww baby acting shy.I wouldn't mind letting the freak out of you, lil cute ass."Some nigga with cornrows  from his clique said and I mugged him."Excuse you?" He laughed and Kennedy jumped in,"Shut your fat head ass up!Travis get your friend." Then the bald head dark skin hit the dude upside his dead "Aye nigga watch Yo fucking mouth.Ya mama didn't teach you no manners?"
    That shut cornrows up and I smiled at the dark skin then told him thank you.He smiled back at me showing his pearly whites and nodded.The bell rang and we walked away. After 4 periods it was time for lunch.I was with Kennedy of course, as we walked into the cafeteria. I looked at everyone's tray and I lost my appetite.It was meatloaf, absolutely disgusting.
   "Kennedy I think Imma go to the library to work on my history project, all this shit nasty." She nodded her head "Fasho. I'm finna find Travis."We then went our separate ways.I walked into the library,grabbed some books on the genocide in Rwanda then sat down at a table.I pulled out a notebook and a pencil then began to read as I took notes.20 minutes into my session I felt someone sit next to me.I looked up and it was that boy with the bandanna, damn he is even finer up close.
    I was stuck in a trance and couldn't keep myself from staring at him."Aye... You don't want me to sit here or something?"I blinked a few times and cleared my throat," Huh?I mean no you can sit here."He smiled and I felt butterflies.I thought this shit only happened in the movies."Rwanda genocide huh?" I looked down at my book, I completely forgot I was supposed to be researching." Yeah it's for history."
    "AP history?" I licked my lips "Yeah, what you know about advanced placement?" He chuckled a little then looked down at my jeans "You think a nigga like me can't be educated?I can't take AP classes and shit?" I quickly shook my head and bit my bottom lip "Nah I wasn't saying that.I just haven't seen you in my classes or nothing."He made eye contact with me,"Mhmm.You know what I think about you?" In the middle of his sentence he grabbed my hand softly "I think you kind of fly....shit we can start with your number."He said as he licked his lips and I instantly felt myself getting moist.
    I slightly chuckled trying to hide how happy I was inside. "Oh really?" He leaned back in his chair.Goddamn even his demeanor is attractive."Yup."I looked at his eyelashes and facial hair,the chain on his neck,the tattoos on his arm then made my way back up to his lips."So what's your name?" The bell ring as soon as the words came out my mouth.He got up from his seat and I saw a 9 in his Karl Kani jeans."Call me Pac"

Soooo is it starting off fairly decent or barely? lol. KK,Travis and Pac are all seniors and they are all 17.And btw, when Keelan said she saw a 9 in his jeans she's not talking about the actual number y'all..