Chapter Twenty One | When It Comes To Underwear, I'm Ambidextrous

Start from the beginning

I snorted. Reputations. I fucking hated them more than I hated cucumbers.

But that thought was soon discarded when I realised Samson and his 'pal' had heard me snort, because their eyes were now focused on me.

I stared straight back, contemplating what to do. If I was still Samson's friend, I'd go over there and have a go at him for being so stupid. I'd try and tell him that this could be a stupid mistake and that getting involved with the gang that pretty much ran town was the worst idea he'd ever had, minus when he'd thought that jumping out of the tree hut in his backyard would make him fly at the age of six. 

I'd do exactly what Samson would expect, because I'd always protected him, always covered his ass when he'd done something wrong or stupid.

And look where that had gotten me.

So I moved my eyes away, and walked across the street, completely ignoring both men. 

What did I care about that exchange? Nothing. I was just another person passing by on the street, going about everyday business, just like other people did.

It wasn't until I'd gotten home that I'd realised I was thoroughly soaked.

And I hadn't even felt the rain.

* * * * 

Harlow's POV

By the time I'd reached the complex where Flynn lived, the drizzle had finally decided to turn into rain, and I hadn't moved out of my car for a full four minutes.

My heart was pounding in sync with the rain, pitter pattering all over my ribcage. I wasn't even inside his apartment yet, and the rate I was going with the increased heart rate, I'd never make it anywhere again.

Deep breath. My hand connected with the door handle, tugging it open and pushing it outwards.

Another breath, this one slightly more relaxed. And at least now I was standing, even though it was in the rain and I was pretty much instantly wet right through before I'd even shut the car door.

Once I'd managed to get my way inside, my coat was dripping, my hair clung to my face and my lips were just starting to shake. A quick look in the reflection the silver elevator doors threw back at me made me cringe. 

"No backing out now," I breathed out, pushing the up button of the elevator in one firm, confident movement. 

It wasn't until the elevator doors were opening onto Flynn's floor that I started to panic a little.

I wasn't a panicker, just to get things straight. Not even when it came to guys. But this one...he was different. In every single way. 

My mind briefly flickered to Mason for a moment. A few months ago, he was my favoured choice for a date night, because he was pretty okay. 

But that was the problem. 

Pretty okay didn't cut it once you've met Flynn. 'Pretty okay' became 'pretty fucking lame' real quick.

My fist raised to knock on Flynn's door, and I wondered what the hell I was going to say. Maybe hello? That would be a good start wouldn't it-

The door of Flynn's apartment opened, and my breath caught in my throat when I looked at him. His hair, as dark as black of my wet tights, was damp and scruffy, a few strands falling onto his forehead. His face looked clean shaven and the blue of his irises were bright and shockingly hot against my cool skin. 

And then I noticed he had no shirt on, and suddenly, I wasn't so cold anymore.

A white towel was wrapped around his waist, his skin tanned against the fabric and I tried not to stare too long at his six pack that led into a small, dark trail that disappeared underneath that towel, but seriously, if anyone else was in this sitaution, I'm sure they'd be having a good ogle.