As we're laying side by side in her bed, sharing a pint of cookie dough ice cream, Anabelle shuffles around to face me.
"Adri?" She starts off slowly.

"Yes?" I ask, muting the TV temporarily.

"Does daddy still love me?"

"Oh, God lovey, of course. He's just been... Under a lot of pressure lately." I explain as well as I can for a four year old to understand.

"Really? Are you sure?" She questions, lifting her eyes to peek at me.

"I'm absolutely positive. He loves you morrreee than you will ever know," I sing softly, holding out the pint of ice cream to which we both dig in for another bite. "But you do know that you were a little mean today, too."

"I.. I know" She sighs shamefully, and I'm glad she doesn't surprise me and decide to break out into a fit of tears. "I didn't mean it! Any of it!"

"Well, maybe we could show daddy how much you love him, because I bet he's just as sorry as you are." 

-

HARRY

-

I loosen my tie as I slowly walk into the kitchen, aiming to find myself some medicine and a glass of water to cure my pounding headache. I hear the faint noise of the TV coming from Anabelle's room, and I'm happy she's up snuggled safe in bed.

Sighing, I take a large swig out of the glass as I down the pills,  my eyes averting to the small piece of pink paper left on the counter. I pick it up, reading the scribbled words:

Dear daddy,

I'm soery I said I hate you. I stil luv you so much. You giv the best hugz ever and are the best dad in the hole world.

Luv,

Belle <3

I smile to myself as I reread the note countless times, folding it into a small square and tucking it in the pocket of my black slacks. Evidently, I was aware that Anabelle did not hate me, but every time she's said those words to me it did not hurt any less. It hurt ten times more, and I despised it. Unfortunately I let it set the tone for the entire day.

I change out of my tight clothing before parading toward Anabelle's room. I knock lightly twice and open the door only to see the two sleepy girls nestled together, the cartoon from the TV illuminating their faces.

"Hi," I whisper, walking towards them and taking a seat at the end of the bed. My eyes blatantly run over the scene, catching the attention of Adrina who was struggling to keep her eyes open. "Hey, Mr.Styles" she replies lowly as her tired state shines through her voice.

I study her soft brown eyes carefully, to her slightly blushed cheeks and the pure innocence radiating off her entire complexion. I feel my throat begin to dry at the captivating sight, and instead of replying I tear my gaze away and nod in acknowledgement, shifting my focus onto Belle who was currently hiding her face from me.

Adrina whispers something into her ear, and whatever she said made her perk her head up at me. Adrina gets off the bed and explains that she'll give us a moment, and I thank her appreciatively before she exits the room.

"I'm sorry daddy," Anabelle finally speaks to me after moments of silence, springing from underneath the covers to come situate herself in my lap.

"Oh, my precious bambolina." I sigh quietly as I hug her strongly, my hand holding her head against my shoulder. We sat like this for a few minutes, and I had no absolutely no complaints. My eyes close as I take in this moment, something that was certainly not going to be wasted. "It hurts me deeply when you say those things."

"I-I didn't mean t-to.." She sniffles aloud, and I shush her multiple times as I coo her cries down.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you this morning. I'm going to be home more from now on, okay?" I ask softly, rubbing my hand up and down her back in a slow, circular motion.

"You're never home. I misses you." She says into my neck, so quietly I almost didn't catch it.

My mouth shuts tight and I can feel my heart tear at her words. "I know. I work, all for you Anabelle..." I whisper hoarsely, the fact that I had been so trapped by my work life where it even affected my daughter now troubling me. "I love you," I say in contrast, kissing over her cheeks numerous times which makes her squeal.

"Don't wanna go ta s-sleep," she yawns sleepily when I start to peel her off of me, although her yawns lead me to believe the complete opposite of what her words meant.

"I know baby, it's a school night though." I sigh tiredly, bending down to grab a hand full of stuffed animals in a bundle to place them besides her. "God, I really don't have the juice for this right now..."

She stands quickly, and runs her little bum out of the room making me close my eyes and drop to my knees in exhaustion. How much energy can one child possibly posses? Why did she suddenly decide she wasn't tired?

"Belle, come on now" I yell out, pausing for an answer of some sort. "Don't make me count to 10."

My ears perk at the sound of footsteps running up the stairs, and she trots into the room with a cup in hand. "Here." She pushes the Scooby Doo sippy into my chest.

"What's this?"

"You said you didn't have any juice."

I laugh to myself and rub my temples, placing the cup on the table besides me. "Come ere you," I bring her into my arms and kiss all over her sweet face.

"He-hey!" She laughs. "That tickles!"

I bring her into bed, waiting until she's comfortable before pulling the covers over her small frame. I sit at the edge of her side, softly stroking her face as I watch her eyelashes flutter shut.  "Did I say that-"

"I love you too daddy." She interrupts my sentence, already predicting what I was about to repeat. I assume she understood how much I meant those words.

"I'll be out tomorrow, you know. I won't be seeing you all night." I sigh, my thumb circling the skin of her cheek. "It's your school fundraiser."

"Is.. Is Drina coming over?" She asks, her eyes lighting up at the mention of her name.

"No, she's unavailable tomorrow." I swallow thickly,  placing her favorite owl plush under the sheets next to her. "You'll be at grandmas house."

Belle sighs to herself, cuddling the small animal into her chest. "Drina's the most beautifulest women ever."

"She is, isn't she..." I trail off in thought regarding the girl downstairs, stopping myself as I duck my head down and leave a kiss on her forehead.

"Sing to me daddy, pwease" She pleads tiredly and starts to hum the tune of the lullaby that my mother used to sing to me.

"Okay," I agree without hesitation, anything to see her smile.

"Hey angel, do you know the reasons why, why we look up to the sky? Hey angel..." Singing very faintly, I watch her eyes slowly but surely flutter closed as I serenade her to sleep.

In about two minutes she's completely out cold under my arms. "Goodnight, love bug." I whisper, lifting myself off the fluffy bed and clicking her nightlight on before I slander out of the room.

;;
Omg I'm listening to what a feeling and I'm in tears I miss my boys
love you guys and thanks for being patient :)
Dedicated to: @X-Believer12-X