"I swear you're fucking children," I snarled as I walked in between them so they couldn't fight any further. "I didn't even do anything and somehow you managed to drag me into it."

"Oh, cry me a river, will you?" Julie cries sarcastically and I hold myself back as we walk thru to the office.

"What brings you here?" The lady at the front desk asks us, and I nudge them in there. "The floor is all yours," I cross my arms.

"We were sent by Mr.Stevens, he ran out of detention slips." She nods, eyeing us suspiciously as she reaches down into her desk to hand us a stack of the pink papers. "Here you are."

We snatch them and stay quiet as we turn on our heels and make our way back towards the musty classroom. The only thing going through my mind was telling my mother- and how would Harry react if I explained why I couldn't babysit?

Detention. Yeah, that'll go over well.

"Screw it," I say aloud, catching the attention of the two angry girls as they turn to face me. "We're going to Mr. Dawson and you're both going to tell him that I had no part of this."

"You're right," Val mumbles, and I glance at Julie who says nothing but acknowledge me with a shake of her head. That's right bitch, stay mute.

"I'm sorry V, I'd come with you if it was any other day. I just have to watch Belle today and I'd rather not have to explain why I can't because of detention." I apologize to her as I knock on the door to the principals office.

"Don't be sorry Ad. I completely understand, and you didn't have a single thing to do with this so I would have gotten you out of it anyways." I smile in gratitude, unable to say anything else as the door is opened to reveal the man I was looking for.

"Hi, Adrina. Is there something you need?" He asks with a warm smile and I reply with a curt "Yes."

"Okay, just give me a few minutes to clear up my space and you're welcome to come inside."

He says and I sigh in relief, noting that today he was in one of his better moods. "Have a good day, Mr. Styles."

My head snaps up faster than I can think, and I spot the hot father of the girl I babysit as he steps outside of the small space. He's been in there for almost 3 whole classes?

"This is so annoying. Just deal with your consequences, Adrina." Julie mumbles, obviously unaware of the broad man standing behind her.

"Ad you can go." Valerie speaks up, noticing my frightened state as the tall dad eyes me not so subtly. "I'll take care of this."

"I'm not getting into trouble for something that's somebody else fault, especially yours. Sorry to break it to you." I stand my ground and reply to Julie while I squint my eyes at her.

"Oh, somebody better call animal control! We've got a little bitch running around!" She snickers, flashing me a satisfactory smile when my mouth opens.

"Excuse me," Harry taps her back cautiously, making my heart thump extremely hard against my chest. "You should go buy yourself another insult, that was quite pathetic." He says lowly, handing her a 100 dollar bill. "On second thought, maybe you're better off just following the crowd. By you're unoriginal joke I can tell that's where you truly belong, anyways."

I inaudibly gasp in shock as he takes the crisp bill out of her hold and walks towards me, sliding his hand down my ass and tucking the money into my back pocket.
"Laters," he breathes hotly into my ear, pulling away just as the principals door reopens.

"Come on in, girls."

-

Although I struggled to make it through the rest of the day in one piece, after school I had made it my mission to keep Anabelle 100% amused and happy until her father came home. As soon as I saw her I could sense she was upset from what happened earlier, and I didn't want that to follow her the rest of the night.