Gwen gasped, taking a better look at the props.

"Want any?" a lady blurted out from behind the bar, shoving a spoon holding an eye atop of it.

Gwen grimaced, taking a step back.

The lady was dressed as a meal woman and she began to laugh.

I pulled Gwen with me as we continued through the house. The next room had screaming students, the makeup being very convincing. There were kids without arms and legs, but still alive, screaming at me and Gwen to 'help' them while the teacher at the back of the room continued eating a limb.

Gwen gulped, passing through the room. We went on. The last room had bodies hanging from the ceiling covered in white sheets with red splattered everywhere. To add the effect, they swayed so they actually touched you.

Gwen gasped, hugging me closer to her as we continued through. It gave off the effect of how cows are drained from its blood when slaughtered. Only, these were humans. I had to remind myself this was fake. I could feel myself shaking, realizing this was actually pretty scary and I had definitely underestimated the houses here. I wasn't sure if Gwen could tell if I were shaking or if she was. I hoped she thought I was keeping my cool.

After a few more rooms of rather disgusting human remains, we entered the last one. This was the science lab. Hearts were beating in jars and I began to wonder how they managed to make it look so real. There were bones hanging around and fake heads here and there. There was even a fake person throwing up blood in the corner of the room. You could tell this person was a mechanical robot, giving off the vomiting scene constantly.

I shook my head as Gwen and I finally got out. She let go of my hand and let out a breath.

"That was interesting."

I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm going to be honest, Gwen. I thought you'd take it a lot worse."

"It was more gross than scary."

"I guess that's why then."

"Can we go into another one?"

"Do you want to?"

She nodded. I smiled, taking her hand and leading her to the next house to enter. I liked Gwen being so close to me inside the house. I wondered if the next one would be the same. I lifted the card to see the names of the houses.

High school of Hell

Clown Chaos

Death Detention

Temple of Terror

Haunted Hollow

I smirked at the second one. For sure, Gwen didn't like clowns. I mean, who does?

In about ten minutes, we were in line. We didn't even get in until an hour later. The lines were a bit ridiculous, but it was useful, considering I needed a bit of preparation for when I had to go through this thing.

We went through the whole card process again and then through a black sheet. This was actually much scarier than freakin' high school of terror or whatever. There were four doors stood next to each other painted with different solid colors. Above was a sign that said: Enter a door if you dare...

How original.

"What one?" I whispered to Gwen.

She pointed to the one in blue. "That one."

I was a bit hesitant, but decided to do so anyway. I mean, I'm the one that dragged her in here.

The door opened quietly, the darkness making it hard to see. As we continued walking, the lighting started to show there were picture frames hung on the walls, but nothing was in them. It was just black.