Chapter 1

Elanas POV

As I am putting in my earrings, I hear the sound of Knocks at my front door.
"COMING!" I yell down the stairs as I quickly put on my black high heels. Tonight I have my first date with the man of my dreams, Ethan Cole. I open the door and come to see he is absolutely stunning. Wearing a black tux, and his Brunette hair combed to the back of his head into a bump. He takes a step backward and says,

"Damn Elena, you sure look ravishing tonight."

And for once I believe him. I decide on a red dress, with cuts in the side to show some skin, that cuts off slightly above my knees, 3 inch heels, a gold necklace with my name on it, and my curled blonde hair down the middle of my back. "Well thank you Ethan. I must say you look pretty fine yourself." I say with a smirk.
He takes my hand and pulls me outside. I turn around and lock the door behind me. He runs out to his car and opens the door for me. I hop in the front seat and ask him,
"Where are we headed tonight..?" He starts the car and says to me without making eye contact, "Paravacinni's" he smirks and turns to me

"Woah woah woah, slow down. How do you know my favorite restraUnt...?" I say wondering what else he already knows about me.

"I'm good frieNds with Lily. She told me some secrets that may just make this the best night of your life."

It's silent for a few minutes before he turns to me and says, "So Elena..tell me about yourself"

I clear my throat and say, "Well my name is Elena Lynn Marston..umm I was born on December 28, 1998, my mother died while in labour with me, and my father is a construction worker downtown. I have a pretty interesting life. And once you get to Know me, you can call me Ellie." I decide to leave the part out about Alexa being murdered last year, because it is only the first date. I say with a glimmer in my eye. "But eNough about me. Tell me about yourself Mr Cole."

"Well my name is Ethan Bradley cOle. I was born on October 12, 1997, and I just brought the most beautiful girl into my life which makes my life 2000000 times better."

I feel my face heating up and smile a genuine smile. "Well thank you Mr. Ethan Bradley."

We arrive at the restraunt, and Ethan rushes over to open my door. He grabs my hand and we Walk to the restraunt.

"Good evening my name is Blaine and I'll be your waiter toNight what can I get you to drink?"

I glare at Ethan and he says, "A bottle of white whine to start."

The waiter walks away and and he stares at me, as if he is trying to figure something out.

"Elena Lynn. I like the sound of it." I smile and lick my lips nervously.

Soon the waiter comes back with a bottle of wine and 3 glasses. He pours it and Ethan glares at me with a look of suspision.

"Cheers. To the most amazing and gorgeous girl I've ever had the privilege to call my date."

We clink our glasses together and take a sip of the wine.

We sit in silence for at least 1 minute, and he finally speaks up and says,

"So Elena Lynn, got any secrets worth my time?" I look down and chuckle sarcastically and respond saying,

"Nope, I'm an open book. Unfortunately, other people tend to know my secrets before I know them myself."
He looks at me, his eyes slightly dilated, and says,

"Secrets fade. People only remember the good ones."

Suddenly, my mind flashes back, and I have to sort out what's real and what's not. About a year ago. The night Alexa went missing. Alexa, Madelyn, Taylor, Claire and I were sitting on Alexa's bed, playing truth or dare. Claire asked, Alexa, "Allie, what are some secrets you've kept from us. Of course, Alexa was always the mysterious one. And none of us ever knew what exactly was going on in her head. So she replied to Claire,

"Oh sweetie, you already know all the important ones. Secrets fade, people only remember the good ones."

I snap back into reality, and see Ethan looking at me, with a look of desperation.

"Is it just me, or do you want to get out of here too..?" He says to me. I bite my lip and nod my head. Soon, we are back at my house, fumbling to get the key in the lock, once we are inside, he practically forces me against the wall. I feel my breaths growing heavier, and my mind growing more desperate. He presses his lips against mine, and I press mine back. My body craves for more than this, but I can't help but think this isn't right.

So I push myself off of him. He looks down to the ground, licks his lips and let's out a breathily laugh. "Too soon..?" He asks his blue eyes slowly returning to their original state. I shake my head and say,

"I just think i want to get to know you more first." I smile and grab his coat off the ground and look up at him, his face smothered with red lipstick. I peck him on the lips. And say,

"It was nice tonight. Call me."  I say trying as hard as I can to keep my excitement to a minimum in front of him. He smiles and says,

"You too Elena Lynn." He walks out the door, and I slowly close it behind him. I slip off my black heels and slide down the back of my door, with an unbreakable smile plastered on my face. Until I look to the left of me, where Ethan's Jacket was laying across the floor. A note.

"Get as much as you can out of her. Or you'll both pay." -Unknown.

And suddenly, it was like the life was sucked out of me. And I would never get it back.