Chapter 1

I scream out from all the pain of the vervain being scrapped across my skin, the blades being plunged into my stomach and my arms. The vervain soaked chains around my legs, wrists, and my neck are constantly burning my skin. Vervain keeps being dragged across my fast healing skin making me scream out in pain. I wake up screaming. Damon come running in ready to attack. When he sees it's just me he walks over and pulls me to him.

"Was it the dream again?" He asks while rubbing my back

"It felt so real" I say while sobbing into his shoulder.

"Shhhh don't cry it's ok. Why don't you come downstairs and ill make you some food?" He asks pulling me off the bed so I'm standing.

"Ok. Sure." I say smiling softly.

"Get out" I say while looking at him

"Oh right. Heh ok. Bye!" He says awkwardly walking away.

I smirk and walk into my closet. I get dressed into my black skinnies, my black tank top, a cropped leather jacket, and my ankle heel boots. I walk over to my vanity and put on eyeliner and mascara. I smile at my reflection. While walking down stairs I smell something. Something....human? I walk down stairs and see Stefan sitting with....Katherine?

"Um Stefan who is she?" The girl says sweetly.

"That's Annalise my twin sister" Stefan says to the girl.

"Hi! I'm Elena" Elena says to me and smiles

"Hey!" I say smiling back.

I whisper to Stefan so only he and I could hear "does she know about us?"

He just shakes his head yes. I smile and walk into the kitchen and grab a blood bag from the fridge and there's a plate of food on the counter with a note " When your done eating meet me at our old place in the woods" i smile and walk back into the living room with my food and drink. Stefan smiles at me and I smile back.

"So Stefanie, how are ya?" I say smirking. Elena just giggles and Stefan's just glares at me.

"Awe. Did the bunnies finally fight back?" I ask smirking again.

"Ugh! Annalise shut up! Don't you have to go see your boyfriend?" Stefan asks smirking.

"I don't have a boyfriend."I say flatly.

"Than what's that on your neck?" He asks smirking.

"What?!" I scream and run to the mirror.

"Dammit Kol" I mumble.

"You dating Kol?!" Stefan practically yells at me. Elena is just sitting there staring at me with wide eyes.

I smirk and say while bitting my lip "well I wouldn't call it dating"

"Oh gross Annalise." He says.

"Whatever he's really good in be-" I start to say but Stefan cuts me off

"No! Shush!" He says

I just smirk and walk towards the door "ill be back I'm going to meet Damon!" I yell to them.

"Bye!" Elena yells

"Stay away from Kol!" Stefan yells

"Not gonna happen!" I yell then close the door.

I slowly start making my way to the woods. Just thinking. Maybe I should stop seeing Kol, maybe he was bad for me, but maybe I didn't care. He helped me, when I was with him the nightmares stopped for a bit...

I finally made it to our old treehouse me and Damon made when we were kids. Me and Damon were always closer then the rest, maybe it's because we were so much alike, except the fact I'm extremely insecure and he's just cocky and egotistical but you gotta love him. I smile up at the old tree house and I just jump up. That's when I see Damon sitting up there waiting for me