Chapter 26: Waffle Break

Start from the beginning

"That was uncalled for," Owen whined as he shook the glitter off of him, much like what he did the first time he met Cooper.

Cooper rolled his eyes at his mate, "Oh lighten up you Magikarp!" He yelled at his pouting mate.

Owen blinked in confusion, "What is a Magikarp? Was that supposed to be an insult?" he asked with his head tilted to the side.

Cooper froze and he slowly turned his head towards Owen, "Your kidding, right?" he asked in an emotionless voice.

Owen shook his head no, "What is a Magikarp? And what is a Squirtle while were on this topic?"

Cooper gasper dramatically and turned to me as he buried his face into my shoulder. He pretended to sob and I patted his back, knowing this is all just an act. "Quinn!" he yelled, "I can't do this! I can't be with him if he doesn't even know what I'm talking about! It's so obvious! I even said Pikachu!"

I patted his head as Owen watched Cooper with worry, "We can't all be perfect Cooper," I told him in a soft voice. He was just trying to get a rise out of Owen, he really didn't care if he knew about Pokémon or not.

I wonder though, "Devon!" I called out as I still held Cooper who was fake crying. Devon's head popped out of the kitchen doorway, "You're a Metapod," I told him.

He blinked at me and rolled his eyes, "Ok Ash, what ever you say," and he disappeared back into the kitchen. Smiling, I looked down at the astonished Cooper.

Cooper pointed accusingly at the doorway that Devon was in and looked to Owen, "See? See? Even Devon knows what I'm talking about! You're just a useless rock!"

"Hey, hey," I said in fake hurt, "Lets not talk about useless rocks, I am part rock."

Cooper pulled me back into a hug and rubbed his cheek against mine, "You're a prefect rock Quinn!"

"This boy knows what he is talking about," Stan spoke happily.

"But I think your wolf is beautiful too!" Cooper continued.

"He sure does," Finn piped in.

Owen was looking at Cooper in hurt as he stood rooted to his spot. Taking pity on him I gave him some advice over the pack link, "He is talking about Pokémon Owen. If you want to impress him, then call him a Feebas."

Owen perked up and looked at me with a smile before looking back to Cooper who was zoning off, "Well Cooper," Owen said confidently, "If I'm a Magikarp, then you are a Feebas!" He declared.

I'm a hundred percent sure that Owen had no idea what he was saying, but he was sure selling it. Coopers mouth dropped open and he pointed an accusing finger at me, "No fair!" he shouted, "I wanted to drag this out for at least a week! You told him something you cheater!"

I shrugged my shoulders in innocence, "I have no idea what you're talking about; Owen just had a revelation about Pokémon and decided to share his knowledge with you."

Cooper raised his hands in a fighting stance and started bouncing around like he was in a boxing ring, "Ok Quinn! Put 'em up! You've been foiling my jokes for too long now!" He jabbed the air twice then did an uppercut, "I'll give ya one of these! And one of those! And a-," he was cut off when he was tackled to the ground by two small figures who were growling lowly at Cooper.

"You will not touch Q!" Ox growled in Cooper's face.

"You will have to get through us!" Coda growled as he nodded in agreement with Ox.

Owen growled at the two, but Cooper waved him off with a soft movement, "Who are you two? I have never met Quinn's knights before!" He exclaimed as he looked at them in amusement.