Chapter 1 : That Time in Winter

*Narrated Part*

A long time ago in the winter of London, the snows covering the city of London like a white blanket

A long time ago in the winter of London, the snows covering the city of London like a white blanket. Deep in the city, a little girl from a poor family lived somewhere under the bridge. The little girl was gifted with intelligence, beauty, and kindness. But what makes her special, is her abillity to see the future. No one knows or believe that she have the power to see the future, because it is beyond human's concept. Even thought she told people million times about it, they still do not believe. Some of them believed, while the rest of like 99% do not believe in such thing.

Even thought they were poor, they lived happily as no winter in the time. The joy of the winter can be feel. But, it last not long.

Suddenly, a group of gang appears from nowhere. They asked the father to pay all of his debts, but the father doesn't have any money to repay the debt. Then, the gang captures the father and the mother. That time, the winter night that was warm before turn so cold.

The little girl cried, wanted her parents back. She tried to fight the gang, but it was useless. She was too weak, since she haven't eat for 2 days. The gang then tries to capture her, but she manage to escape and run away to the city, where there are many people in the streets. She cried while running away from the gang, without a single soul listen to her cry.

Desperated and sad, she keep running. For almost an hour, she manage to get lost from the gang. But now she lost herself from the bridge, her only home. She didn't even care, because it won't be the same without her parents.

*Your P.OV*

After hours of running, I manage to get myself lost from those gang. But, I can't save my parents from them and run away. I haven't eat for 2 days too, I can't do anything except running.
Surely after the run, I was very tired. I keep running, and...

*Thud*

*Bruk* (Sound of crash and falling)

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay, young girl?"

After that fall, I saw a tall man with red glasses and kind of funny-style-looking-like-a-breadloaf hair standing in front of me. He wears thick clothes and gloves, and also a handmade scarf. He is taller than me, and looked like a nice person.

I said not a word, but I can't smile because I still remember that I lost my parents.

"My dear, your knees are bleeding! Come, follow me to my home. I'll give you medicines for your wound."

*kruyukkk...*

"Oops, my stomach rumbles." I thought to myself.

"Seems you are hungry too, and your clothes are dirty. I'll tidy you up in my home."

And so that cold night suddenly turns to warm. The man took his jacket, and put it on me. He grab my hand, and I feel warm. He looks like a gentlemen, or maybe a prince that came to save me. From the man's eyes, I could see a kind heart. I know that my parents always tell me that I shouldn't trust strangers or new people easily, but I trust this man, and followed him to his home.

*Desmond's P.O.V*

Ah, what a lovely winter night

Ah, what a lovely winter night. Since it's winter night, I decided myself to go have a walk in the city. But the special thing from today is, that I met a girl, ragged and hungry. She was cute, but dirty. I could guess she was from a poor family.

But I guess I can take care of her, since my home is too big for me alone. I guess I could take this little girl as my daughter or maybe assistant, if she didn't mind. I could say that this 13-years-old-girl will make a great job for me.
The little girl... I have a feeling she has potential for me to discover...

 I have a feeling she has potential for me to discover