Chapter 4: Kilika

Start from the beginning

"It's alright, Riku. I'm ready." ≈≈≈≈≈≈ turned around and smiled...though it was obvious she was trying not to seem sad. She led the way down the path, and I was the last one to follow, taking a second to watch them all. They all seem sad, and I didn't really get why at the time. Sure, leaving home is always hard, but they were acting like they'd never see it again.

I followed along eventually, until the blue cat person...Ronso...whatever...dropped down from a jungle tree and pointed a spear at me.

"H-hey buddy!" I said, holding my hands up, "You're not still mad about yesterday, are you?" I laughed awkwardly, and he bared his teeth and jabbed the tip of the spear closer towards my face. "I'll take that as a yes..." I mumbled, and he let out a blood chilling roar, sending me taking a few steps backwards, only to be pinned against a tree. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't pee my pants as 'Blue' leaned in and gave me another earful of his roar. He turned his spear and hit me on the side with the wooden staff part of it, knocking me to my ass in the dirt.

"Kimahri." To the universes' surprise, it was Riku that stepped in and stopped him from impaling me.

"Kimahri, leave him alone. He's sorry." ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ called, and the Ronso snarled at me, then walked off join her by her side, leaving Riku and I at the tail of the group, with Zack up ahead laughing with ≈≈≈≈≈≈ about the whole situation while Lulu shook her head.

"What's that guys deal?" I asked, brushing myself off.

"Kimahri Ronso, of the Ronso tribe. He's learned the fiends' way of fighting. Picking up the fiends' techniques is a Ronso specialty." He explained, but I rolled my eyes.

"That's not what I meant."

"Well, he's another one of ≈≈≈≈≈≈'s guardians. What you did yesterday could have gotten her in trouble. That was probably his way of telling you not to fuck things up for her again."

I rubbed the back of my neck as he glared slightly at me. "Look, I'm really sorry about that. It was―"

"The toxin, I know. Zack said you don't really remember anything about the temples of the teachings of Yevon. I'll admit, I'm finding it a little hard to not hold it against you, but I guess it isn't really fair of me to judge you."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ had stopped walking and was waiting for the two of us to catch up, then she laughed at me.

"Kimahri got a little dirt on your face." She pointed at her left cheek, and I immediately began brushing at my face. "Sorry about that. He can be a little hard to understand sometimes. We don't really get him all the time either. But he has protected me since I was a child, and doesn't take too kindly to strangers getting close...especially under the circumstance which you met him under."

"So sorry about that, again." I apologized. She didn't really seem to care, but based on her guardians' reactions to me after it, I began to wonder if maybe she just didn't want to make me feel bad.

"Stop worrying about it. No harm came from it...just...don't do it again, yeah?"

"Seriously...don't." Riku said, giving me a look, but ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ shoved him lightly.

"Lighten up, would you? You're like an old man. Careful, or your hair might turn...oh, wait. Too late." She smirked, and he made to shove her back, but she scampered off to where Zack was, leaving us again.

"So what's your story, anyway?" He asked me, and I decided to give him an abridge version, explaining that I simply had a run in with Sin, saw my 'town' destroyed, then woke up on Besaid. I hadn't seen any Al Bhed, or their writing, or even heard mention of them, and after what Sora said about there being Al Bhed haters, I decided that I would leave that bit out, as well as all mention of Zanarkand.