-

After my lunch date I headed back to work and the rest of the time breezed by fast and before I knew it me and Braeden were locking up and I was heading to Ms. Sheila's to go and pick up Kaliyah. Ms. Sheila had her all ready to go when I got there and after thanking her we headed home so I could get her ready for bed.

After running her a bath and adding some of her favorite strawberry scented bubble bath I put her in the tub and sat with her.

"Did you have fun at grandmas," I asked her.

"Yes. Daddy came over and he took me to the playground and then we went shopping."

"Shopping," I smiled, "Really?"

"Daddy got shoes and lots of shoes but I didn't like any of the shoes I saw," she let out a little pout at that.

"You didn't see shoes at all?"

"No I told him I had a lot of shoes so he just got shoes for himself and his friend then daddy bought me ice-cream and then we went to Toys r' us and he got me a car with a remote control, I left it at grandma's house though."

"That was nice of him," I smiled at her but was curious about this friend he had around her. Not that he couldn't have friends but let's be honest; the people that August called friends weren't the most savory characters, "It sounds like you had a fun day."

"I had lots of fun."

"Was daddy's friend nice to you," I asked her.

"Yes she was nice," she nodded her head and that was something I wasn't expecting to hear.

"She was nice? It was a girl?"

"Yes."

I didn't know how to feel about what she just told me so instead of harping on it I finished giving her a bath. Once I dressed her in her PJ's and put her hair up for the night I kissed her goodnight and before long she was knocked out.

I took a shower and hopped out and made something quick and easy and just as I was about to get in bed I checked my phone. I had a goodnight text from Dominic which put a smile and I texted him back. Just as I was about to put my phone away and grab my kindle to read my cell phone rang. It was Danielle so I answered.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hey. I just called to see how your lunch date with Dominic went."

"I figured. It went good, really good actually because he asked me out on a real date and I said yes."

"About time," Braeden's loud mouth invaded the line.

"Whatever," I directed my comment towards him.

"So when is this date," Danielle asked.

"I'm not sure yet. He actually told me during lunch that he's going out of town this weekend for two weeks, back to New York to visit his family for the holidays so we'll see."

"Hmm," Braeden hummed, "That leaves you plenty of time for us to go shopping."

"For," I questioned.

"I didn't want to be the one to say this but over the past year you kind of let yourself go."

"Excuse me?"

"All I see you in is sneakers, no dresses, no heels. It's time to spice it up."

"I'm a dancer. What do you think I should dance in, high heels and mini skirts?"

"Actually that would be dope for our erotic class but that's not the point. It's time for you to get your sexy back. Go out and spice it up. It's not like your on a budget, you got plenty money to blow. Go get your nails done and get ride of the mom bob and get you a weave with some length, some curls, something sexy."