Formalities

"Talk to her, Shig!"

"No, Mayu," Morishige sighed in exasperation. "I will not publicly embarrass myself."

Mayu smiled, her blue-green eyes sparkling. "Not on purpose, you mean." she teased.

Morishige huffed. Mayu was right. He had made a fool of himself many times before today.

"Who knows, maybe one of your epic fails impressed her." Mayu rested her head on the desk for a second before perking up. "Wait! I have an idea! We can invite her to eat crepes with us after school, hmm?"

Morishige met her gaze evenly, and deadpanned, "No."

"Why not?" Mayu whined. She looked dejected.

"I don't think I can muster up the courage to ask her..." Morishige glanced in your direction. "Just look at her!"

You were talking to your friend (f/n). Ever so gently, you pushed your (h/c) hair behind your ear. Your laugh could make even the nine muses jealous.

"Yeah, she is perfect," Mayu admitted. She stretched across her desk like a cat. "I don't think she'd reject you, though. She's too nice!"

"You're too nice," Morishige corrected. "Why don't you go hang out with the more upbeat classmates?"

Mayu stuck out her tongue in disgust. "They're mean! Rude! Everything I try and avoid. I like hanging with you, Shig."

Morishige barely noticed the compliment. He was too busy staring at you.

Rolling her eyes, Mayu got up from her seat, and promptly shoved Morishige directly at you.

"Uwah!" Morishige and you yelped in unison as you knocked into one another.

You fell to the ground, students giggling quietly around you. Your face became a rosy color in embarrassment.

Dammit, Mayu! Morishige glared at his friend. Her little ponytail bounced as she flashed him a reassuring thumbs up.

"I'm so sorry, (f/n) (l/n)..." Morishige took your hand and hoisted you back on your feet.

You gazed up at him. "Oh, it's fine, Morishige. Also, don't be so formal. We're classmates!"

She knows who I am? She's okay with me calling her by her first name already?

The thought gave the navy-haired boy a boost of confidence. He squeezed your hand, took a breath, opened his mouth to say–

"Yo, (y/n), long time no see."

You both turned to see (y/n)'s ex, (ex's/n).

He sneered at Morishige. "'Sup, I'm (ex's/n). I don't think we've been formally introduced."

(A/N): I am so sorry this took so long! This was requested and it took me forever to come up with a plot! I hope you enjoy, and request other stories to your heart's content!