Cruising with the Enemy

Start from the beginning

"Sofia sent me to give you a ride." Jae says, his jaw clenching at the cold air that brushes past us. Hah well that's what you get if you only wore a t-shirt!!!

"I'm good, I already have transport." I say quite bluntly before reaching for the door handle. As I open the door Jae does the same, slotting himself into the passenger next to me. I stand outside flabbergasted as I watch him buckle himself in.

He gives me a quick glance, before half laughing to himself. "I know, I didn't ask if you had one. I said I'll give you one."

"What the hell! That doesn't even make any sense!" I yell, furiously getting in and slamming the door... A bit to hard. I'm sorry baby, I'll give you a wax and a wash tomorrow.

"Yes it does." Jae rolls his eyes. "Just drive."

"The hell I'm going to drive." I say, giving him a pointed look. "Get out of my car."

He faces me, lifting his Sunglasses off his face giving me a no-your-not look. "You're seriously kicking me out of the car."

"Does it look like I'm joking?" I ask with a straight face. He turns his body so that he's fully facing me. He cocks an eyebrow in my direction, running his hand through his hair.

"Tess, I don't have my car here!" He grits his teeth.

"What kind of idiot doesn't bring their car?" I question, pulling the seatbelt angrily. It gets stuck so I do it again and it still doesn't budge. Jae's arm slowly comes across my chest, grabbing the seatbelt out of my hands and pulling it gently and slowly.

"The same idiot that needs to give you directions to his house." He says buckling it in with a click. I gulp before fumbling with the keys trying to put it in the ignition.

I start the car putting it into reverse. "How'd you even get here?" I cough awkwardly.

"Carter dropped me off." He says blankly.

"Why didn't you bring your car? I could've just followed behind you? Or you could've texted me the-"

"Tessa. Do you always talk this fast when you're nervous?" Jae smirks. "To answer you first question, I didn't bring my car because I didn't want to waste petrol."

Pssh with the amount of money you have you could buy a whole oil company with your weekly allowance.

"Great. I've got to go home first I need to swap cars and get the rest of my stuff." I say, before driving onto the motorway.

***
I quickly park up my car into the garage, before shutting the door behind me and entering the house through the side door, with Jae on my heel. I walk out from the corridor and into the living room, turning on the Bluetooth speaker in the process.

"You can connect your phone if you want?" I say, as he nods settling down on one of the couches. "I won't take long, I just need to change out of these tracks and pack some stuff."

Without a response, I quickly run up the stairs to my room barely missing the beat of the bass as the music travels around the house. It's still early in the morning, that I went to the airport with my all grey tracksuit, bed hair and reading glasses still placed on my face. My stomach rumbles reminding that I haven't had breakfast and I don't think Jae has either. I pull out my phone searching for Jae's contact number.