It Was Always You

"And now I know my heart is satisfied..."

Feint little lyrics, fuzzy as they may be, poured from the radio Piper and Blue had fixed together. The two of them shared a slightly lingering high-five, staring at each other in the last, maybe, five seconds of it. They'd done it together, but why was that so meaningful? Why did Blue appreciate it so much? Why did she want to be so close to Piper all the time and even more confusing, why did Piper always want to be so close to her?

Time to ask, she thought. Time to finally get that answer I've been waiting for.

"Why do you always do that?" She glanced down at the slightly shorter reporter, focusing on her with icy blue eyes. 

"Do what, Blue?" Piper blinked. She hadn't noticed that she'd done anything bad, at least not in particular.

"Keep your hand on mine for so long," the other female chided in response. "It's not that don't enjoy it, it's just I... Kinda wanna know if you..."

"...It was always you..." The radio's lyics kept on going, and it only made the room even more heated. The two didn't need that, they were already both blushing.

Piper didn't know any way to explain her feelings other than to do it physically. She pushed forward, crashing her lips into the woman's own, just standing a couple feet away. Close enough to, now that she was this close, touch. And they were, in a way.

The heat didn't get any better from there. Blue's heart was swollen with feelings-- love, passion, friendship, maybe something more? Happiness, maybe that was thrown in there? In any way, her hands wrapped their way around the reporter's waist, a secure grip on them.

Which was a good thing to Piper, or at least a good sign. A sign that told her she hadn't fucked up just yet, that she was doing things correctly. In the right fashion, order, she was being quite organized, and if Blue wasn't kissing her back right now, she might be able to focus a little bit. Maybe just a little, since her thoughts were always focused on the new woman in her life.

Piper pulled away just slightly, staring lovingly up at Blue, yet it was the most intense stare the other woman had ever experienced. It said so many things, and it was just in that one stare. One look. She loved Blue.

Which was a good thing, because Blue... Well, Blue loved her, too.

"Did I show it off good enough, Blue?" Piper's breathing was ragged, and because of that, so was her speech. 

"Piper," Blue planted a small Peck on her forehead. "I wouldn't have had you tell me any other way. Even if you had told me, we would have kissed anyway. Hell, Piper, I've been waiting  forever for that."

"Can I..." Piper trailed off. "Can we... Can we do it some more... A-again?"

And Blue answered to this by pushing the smaller against the wall lightly, lips moving in perfect sync with one another. The taller's lips pushed against Piper's neck with so much warmth that the poor smaller reporter couldn't help but to let out a small moan. 

Blue didn't want to take it too far, and hearing the moan come from the girl she was  kissing-- the one she'd ellected to be hers-- she backed off a little. 

"Sorry," she whispered lightly, rubbing soothing circles along Piper's cheek. "I didn't mean to take it that far, Piper."

"But why are you sorry?" Piper questioned, another light blush spreading across her adorable cheeks. "I-I don't think making me do... Whatever that was... Is anything to apologize for."

Blue let out a small chuckle and pulled the smaller into a tight embrace. Piper wrapped her arms around the taller woman, tightening her grip as if she'd lose her if she let her go.

"I love you, Piper," Blue whispered.

To this, Piper responded with, "I love you too, Blue. Wouldn't have it any other way."

"It was always you..." But the lyrics were fading, the song was going off.