The Devil's Hound

Start from the beginning

Melanie’s p.o.v

            The flight here was horrible. I had a window seat, wolves are NOT supposed to fly EVER! I hated the fact we had to move to Greece. Moving from Oregon broke my heart but I guess there was a much needed new start. I sat in the back of the giant suv know as a Cadillac escalade. I sighed into the window; I was the most depressed wolf in the car. Everyone else was happy to be somewhere new and beautiful. Don’t get me wrong Greece was absolutely astounding and gorgeous but it wasn’t Oregon. We pulled up to the mansion of Devil’s Hound pack. Outside the door stood a beautiful woman who was about five foot nine; ebony black hair flowed all the way down her back. Her violet eyes stood out against her golden skin. Next to her stood her alpha her husband in every sense of the word. He had blonde wind swept hair, at six foot two he stood with class and grace. He wore a suit tailored to make him look sophisticated and muscular at the same time. His dress shoes shined against the sun. His wife was wearing a floor length dress that was as bright as the tie he wore with his suit. I jumped out of the back and stood to full height six feet. I was tall but not compared to Ambrose; he was at least six feet six. A very tall boy indeed, he stepped out right behind me with my younger sister trailing behind him. The two of them never separated. They were mated so it was understandable.

            I looked up at Ambrose, he smiled a lazy smile at me and grabbed Andrea; he pulled her closer. The sight of them made me want to cry. It just wasn’t fair that she got him and I’m still here by myself watching this stupid shit. The entire pack had finally appeared around us, I took my eyes off of Ambrose and Andrea. I placed them on the ground and walked toward our new pack house. I sighed hoping I could just go up to my new room and cry myself to sleep. Anything would be better than listening to the love birds behind me giggling and kissing. I walked through the front door with my arms crossed I would stay by the door just in case I needed or wanted to bolt.

Caden’s p.o.v  

            I was standing in the kitchen when I smelt it. I smelt mango’s mixed with vanilla and salt. Like it had been crying for some time; I walked towards the front part of the house following the smell. It compelled me like I was in a trance and I was meant to find who it was. When I stepped into the front room I stopped dead in my tracks. My eyes landed on a gorgeous girl. She stood against the wall with her head down. Her arms a crossed her chest; she wore a black shirt that stopped just slightly below her rib cage. It showed off her stomach in which her naval was pierced. She had black skinny jeans on that hugged every sexy curve that every man would die to have on his woman. She had black fur boots on like she just came from the cold snowy mountains.

            My wolf cried out. Something was making him sad and frightened.

She’s crying you idiot go and console her. She needs it, go, go, go, go, go, go, and go! He screamed. I took a step forward when I saw her visibly tense, I knew something was up. My father turned around and greeted me.

            “Well here he is the soon to be alpha.” He smiled. I knew he would introduce me like that, but at the same time it didn’t feel right, like it used.

             “Hey guys.” I said. The girl never pulled her head up. I just wanted to see her face. I wanted to walk up to her pull her into my arms and tell her everything will be alright; but just thinking those things made me feel awkward. A guy about my height which would be six foot six stepped forward.

            “Hey my name is Ambrose, I’m your cousin.” He held a sloppy grin on his face. I looked back over the girl she had her head up but it was facing down the hall towards the rooms. I saw the color of her eyes glowed ice blue. The beautiful color had me stunned in place. I barely heard Ambrose speaking, but when he pointed at her and called her Melanie I knew something she probably didn’t; she was my mate. I smiled at the thought of kissing her, taking her everywhere. Making her scream my name in pleasure; the smile spread across my face and the smile was so big it literally hurt. 

 i know its a filler chapter but my brain started to fry because nikolas, he is coming into the next chapter with his pov i just have to settle him down so he wont rip my brain a part like last time.

Chapter two: Roomies!!!

            I took everyone to their rooms. Ambrose and Andre his mate were sharing a room. What was the word Andre use; Roomies. Uugh just hearing that word screams girly. Now it was just me and Melanie. She never spoke a word; she kept her eyes on the ground. I felt like turning around to see if she needed anything. But I decided not to. She carried a duffel bag; she didn’t like people touching her things. She had said that to Ambrose when he tried to get it for her. She ‘bout nearly killed him. Something was obviously wrong between them. I wasn’t one to question or even get in the middle of it, but she was my mate, I wanted to hold her, kiss her, and make her feel wanted, because no one in her pack besides Ambrose talked to her.

            We stopped in front of the door to her room that was across the hall from mine. We happened to be on the third floor. If she needed anything she could always find me. I walked her into her room; she sat her bag on the bed. She looked around as if the huge room was normal to her.

“Umm... If you need anything I’m right across the hall.” I said and she just shook her head. I left the room to leave her be. Everyone had been on the flight so long they probably wanted to rest. I shut the door behind me. I went down stairs to find my parents.

Melanie’s p.o.v

            I looked around the room, it was spectacular. Nothing I’ve ever seen. The bed had to be a mix of king and queen. It was HUGE. I went into my duffel bag and got out my leather pants, which were custom made and never ripped for anything. I then pulled out my red top that was like all the rest of my shirts stopped just below the ribs. I ran into the bathroom grabbed a towel, stripped all my clothes and jumped into the shower.

            Once I was out of the shower I quickly dressed and ran into my room towards the window. I looked out the window; we were on the third floor. Not that far of a drop, I’ve jumped off the top of our roof back home, that was something I would never try again. Now that was a drop that hurt like hell for days, I opened the window and stepped out on the ledge. I focused myself for landing. Then jumped, I landed with a thud, not crunch which was good. I stood to my full height; I looked around me, when I knew it was clear I took off running for the city. They would never know I left.