Breakout Pt 1.

The bell rang and Amare didn't waste a moment returning to her cell. It wasn't like the first time she tried returning to her cell. This time there weren't any awkward glances or slight pushes as she ran. This time she was respected. She was feared. But she still wasn't at the top. The clique that owned the prison couldn't even be touched by the prison wardens. And that rarely happened in this time. 1467 wasn't a good time for women. There were very few occupations that women could take. Maybe as house cleaners or whores in the doll houses. But most if not all esteemed occupations were held by men. Peasants filled the streets outside the prison walls. Only nobles were allowed to ride on horses and chariots. The lucky few wives or concubines got a ride with their respective men in the chariots. But even some wives werent allowed to ride along. All said, having a twart in this time wasn't the best thing.
Amare ran with a ray of hope in her hollow eyes. She wasn't the same person who had entered the prison gate 7 years ago. She had hardened but sorrow crept under her pale yellow skin. Her hair was tough, combs weren't a thing in this time or gender. Her face was full of acne and dirt. Her ragged blue dress had faded with mud and one could barely recognize its original colour. Her flat torn shoes hurt her feet with each step she took but she got used to it. I doubt one could be as cold as her but sweet and warm inside like her. She let no one see the good Amare. The kind girl who always got picked on when she first came in. The shy girl who couldn't even throw a punch and just let herself get roughed up senseless. She was a new Amare. A dark souled one. A bitter one. But today she had reason to believe again. To hope. To ran. To smile.
Punting at the door of her cell, Tenebris, her 'sister' looked at her sheepishly and they both smiled slyly. They looked into each others eyes. Hope in both their souls. Today, after 10 freaking years, she would be free...