2• Harlem Nights

"I'm just worried about you. I hate how you're relying on drugs. Shit ain't cool, I don't like that." I laid on his shoulder and scrolled through my Instagram.

"You don't need to worry so much, Ma." He fluffed my hair.

"I know but I hate the thought of you getting killed over some dumb hood rat shit. Drugs? Come on now."

"Toni, I understand where you comin' from but I don't need you to be nagging at me. Please chill out and stop worrying so much."

"Fine, fine, FINE!" I rolled my eyes and got off his shoulder.

He kissed my cheek. "Love you."

I didn't say anything.

"You love me?" He played with my mouth trying to make me smile.

"Yes." I chuckled and hugged him.

"Now let's go out. Get your skateboard or whatever it is and let's go out."

"It's a longboard and where are we going?" I got up about to walk out the door.

"Somewhere. Just wait outside in the yard until I come out." He ordered and opened the door for me.

"Alright. See you in 15." I raced home and changed clothes.

A/N: Toni and her clothes.

We finished getting ready and Rocky came out with a simple hoodie, skinny jeans and low top vans.

"Never seen you wear vans before." I said. "I like them. They look great on you."

"Thanks. I'm not really a skater shoe guy, you bought me these for Christmas remember?"

"I did?"

"Last Christmas. Yeah." He stuck a pick in my hair.

"Hm. I guess I did and nigga why you put this pick in my head. Whatchu tryna say?"

"I ain't tryna say nothin' nigga, just wanted to give you a pick. Hair is so fluffy."

"You gon fuck up my twist outs nigga! Shit don't come eas-"

"Toni, it looks easy as hell-"

"It's not!" I shot back.

He laughed. "It ain't that deep. Come on, we're going to the Bronx."

"Bronx!? For what? My grandma gonna be buggin' if I go all the way over there!"

Here in Harlem I live with my grandma, my parents ain't wanna have to deal with me down in my hometown Atlanta so I moved in with her. I've lived here for about 5 years, since I was 11 I'm 16 and Rakim is 17.
I know what you're thinking, he's about to be an adult in October and we could get into some deep ass trouble with the law. My birthday is in March so it is kind of a big deal but it's whatever. Friendship is friendship, love is love. Feds ain't gotta know shit.

"We just gonna be there for a little bit!" He said in a frustrated tone.

"Doing what!?" A couple of people on the street turned to look at us but we didn't care.

"I have something to do."

"You go then. Imma be home!" I turned around but he grabbed my wrist.

"Please? Toni I need you to be by my side. Especially if I'm going to the Bronx."

I snatched my arm away. "Swear to god if something happens I'm gonna- OOO!"

"Nothin' gonna happen. Chill out."

   I rolled me eyes and we started walking.

"Keep rolling ya eyes. It's gonna get stuck like that and you gonna walk around looking like the undertaker."

I elbowed him lightly and laughed

I elbowed him lightly and laughed. "Shut up."