1 ; Red Ridding Hood

Delilah Smith

I watched as the trees passed by in a blur. Moving from somewhere that you had spent basically seventeen years of your life in is hard. My mother had decided that it was best if we moved since my parents had parted.

They had been fighting regularly so it didn't really come as a surprise to me. I had actually wanted them to split just so that Dennis, my younger brother, aged 9 could at least have the attention of our mother. Since they started arguing a few years ago, they had stopped paying attention to us, to busy either in work or arguing with each other to pay any mind to us.

My mother said that we could have a better life in this new town that we were heading to. She had gotten a new job that paid twice of what her old job offered. I also knew that she saw moving as an opportunity to meet someone new after our dad.

My thoughts on moving? Well, of course I'm not exactly excited to be leaving my hometown, and I am honestly struggling. I don't like going outside of my comfort zone and this is, quite literally going outside of my comfort zone.

Also the fact that I am moving to not only a new town but an entirely new school, making friends has never been my best quality not that I really had any great quality, except maybe my brains. I am pretty nervous about meeting new people and attempting to make friends.

In my past school, I hadn't really had that many friends except for Sophia. I really miss her right now, but we had promised to text regularly and skype and all that jazz before I had left. I can only hope that our friendship doesn't become weaker but only time can tell.

+++

We stopped outside of a quaint house with its beige exterior and white accents. When we had finally managed to bring all the boxes into the house, I chose my room across from Dennis' room. It was pretty spacious, much bigger than my previous room seeing as I had shared it with Dennis.

The room was already a clean white colour with black borders at all the corners of the room. Some of our things had already been made up before we came. The bed frame was already built up along with the table and bookshelves.

I unpacked a bunch of my essential things, especially since I was starting school in two days. The timing that we moved had basically been perfect seeing as how school for this year only officially starts then.

I unpacked a few of my favourite books, and put the neatly on the book shelves and put a bunch of post-its on my desk to remind me of some things that I needed to do before schools started. I made the bed and hung up all my clothes in the closet and put my toiletries in the toilet.

Another bonus about my room was that I had a toilet connected to it. I grabbed a sweatshirt, sweatpants and undergarments and decided to take a nice warm shower. After being in a car for who knows how long, its good to finally wash of the layer of sweat that had accumulated in said car.

After showering, mom had called us down for some makeshift dinner. Some cup noodles that she had packed anticipating that we would have been to tired to go out for dinner and that we wouldn't have the means to make any dinner for ourselves.

+++

" And Little Red Ridding Hood learnt her lesson to never talk to strangers again, " Dennis had begged me to read him a bedtime story, a little tradition that we had invented when our parents had started arguing and Dennis couldn't sleep.

I would have willing read him a story any other day, but I was pretty pooped and just wanted to sleep. Dennis' soft snores filled the room. I smiled at him and kissed his forehead softly.

" Goodnight Denns, " I whispered before closing the door as silently as I could and went to my room and plopped onto the bed.

I had initially planned to text Sophia when I reached the house, it had slipped my mind. I'll just do it tomorrow, I thought before falling into a sweet slumber.

+++

" Wake up! "

My eyes shot open to the sound of Dennis' voice, his very loud voice, in my ear. I groaned as I looked at a smiling Dennis. His front teeth had just fallen out so now whenever he smiled, he looked so adorable that it made it hard for me to stay mad at this little bugger.

" Morning Denns, "

" Morning Dewi " He pronounced my name the best he could without his front teeth.

" Kids! Breakfast is ready! " At that, Dennis ran out of the room to the kitchen. I sighed as I got out of bed checking my phone as I brushed my teeth. Two text messages.

Sophia The First ; Heyhey Delilah

Sophia The First ; Hows the new place?

Me ; Its fine, I guess unpacked some of my junk and stuff little tired though

Sophia The First ; You start school in a day?

Me ; Yup, wish me luck in making friends

Sophia The First ; Make new friends but don't forget I am always going to be your bestie ;p

Me ; Of course, I would never replace you, don't you dare replace me either bestie ;p

Sophia The First ; Never would have thought to do that

Me ; Aww, okay I kind of got to go, talk to you later!

Sophia The First ; OK ttyl

+++

As the door dinged, announcing my arrival, I started getting a bunch of necessities for cooking and such. Mom had asked me to get some groceries at the store near our house, I had seen it on the way to our house so navigating Dennis and I here wasn't too much of a task. A 10 minute walk at most.

I had already gotten the majority of the things that we need, now I am just looking for Dennis, he had disappeared awhile ago mumbling something about the toilet.

" Can I get a chocolate bar Dewi? " Dennis asked suddenly coming out of nowhere, showing me a Hershey's cookies and cream chocolate bar.

" Sure, get one for me too, " I said as I walked not paying attention to where I was walking, watching as Dennis went to get another chocolate bar when I bumped into a wall. Dennis looked at me holding both hershey bars.

" Dewi? "

" Yes, Denns? "

" Why did you bump into that guy? " He asked confused, his head tilted slightly.

" What gu- " I asked as I turned to look at the wall.

Oh.

+++++

( A/N ) ; Word Count, 1166

Oops not a wall. Hope y'all are liking the book so far. Just a fyi, word counts only count the words from the chapter, not including authors note. Just in case you were wondering.

Gif from unknown.

Please do vote, share and comment if you are enjoying this book.

- Balloon

Quote Of The Day, " Dream big and dare to fail. " Norman Vaughan