Part 2

Korras wrist hurt. A lot. She had just fought for some bread scraps, and the boy she fought threw her into a wall, twisting her wrist in the process. But she won. She had a small loaf of bread, but was laying against a large fence, unable to move. She couldn't see the sign above her, or the girl that was watching her. The sign, though, was the important part. "Korra!" Korra looked up to see Mako running toward her. Bolin was following him, with some cloth in his hand. "Get off the fence!"

But it was too late. The fence came on, and the electricity was surging through Korra's body. She screamed as she felt it. Bolt by bolt. She screamed louder as her instincts made her hands grip the fence itself. But that wasn't it. The fence must have had barbed wire on it, because her hands were starting to bleed, along with her back. The electricity was coursing through her blood now. White was flashing in her eyes. Then it all ended. Not the way Korra expected it though. The electricity ended. Just stopped. She fell to her side, dropping the bread. Korra was still conscious, but weak. Nearly dead. "Korra?" Bolin asked in a soft voice, shaking her softly by the shoulder.

The girl came around the fence, with a woman. Probably her mother. "Mommy," she whispered to the older woman, pointing at Korra.

"Korra? Are you okay?" Bolin asked again, his voice shaky. He started to cry, and Mako took his arm and hugged him.

The woman stepped to Korra, the girl walking slowly behind her. Korra opened her eyes slightly, seeing Bolin, Mako, and the woman. She flinched as the woman touched her burned and ripped open shoulder, but not much. All of a sudden, her stomach hurt. Korra sat up, not enjoying the pain at all. Then she remembered the fight. The boy with the slick hair. And his weapon. She put her hand on her stomach, feeling the cut from his brass knuckles. She lifted her hand to her face, seeing the blood that came out of her torso in three seconds. Tears started to fall from her eyes, and she was too sore to hide her weakness. Too sore to run. The woman picked Korra up, and took her around the fence. To the mansion. That was seven years ago.

Kora didn't have time to get to her motorcycle. She ran to the mansion. It was in flames. She ran to the entrance, and spotted Mako and Bolin. "Get the family!" She screamed at them, and the three ran in the burning building. They split up once they got into the hallway. Korra found Asami, but she was trapped under rubble. She picked the pieces off of the taller girl, and slung her arm over her own shoulders. Asami was unconscious, but unhurt. The flames soon surrounded the duo, but Korra had experience from being a street rat. She jumped out of the window, trying to land on the truck outside. She did, kind of. Well, Asami landed it. Korra hit her head on the edge after she threw Asami on the truck. She fell to the ground, her head bleeding.

Mako and Bolin ran in unison. They had found the stairway, and passed some fleeing servants. They then went into a large office, and spotted Hiroshi, Asami's father. They picked him up, and ran to the exit. They jumped out the window, much like Korra, but they used the slanted walls to their advantage. As they slid down, Bolin spotted Korra laying on the ground. They eventually landed, and put the fainted man down. Bolin ran to Korra, examining her wound. Mako came over too. "She'll be okay," he said, reassuring himself more than Bolin. "She's gotten strong throughout the years," Mako finished, picking Korra up.

She stirred, opening her eyes slightly. Korra groaned, feeling two men carrying her somewhere. Mako and Bolin. They're probably carrying her to the hideout. "Wh-what happened?"

"Don't worry. Everybody is fine, except for you," Mako said, letting Korra get use to walking again.

"In my seventeen years of age, I don't think I've ever had this much trouble understanding what you mean," Korra smiled as Mako sighed, clearly annoyed.

"The fire," was all he said. Then Korra remembered. She remembered everything. How she rescued Asami, and the fire fighters didn't catch them.

"Did you bend?"

"No. We had Hiroshi. He would have woken up," Mako explained, grinning at Bolin.

"Same here. Asami was lucky. I found her under some rubble. Only scratches," Korra explained, now getting use to her own legs. She jumped a few times, getting the smooth feel of wanting to start to run again.

"We should get to HQ," Bolin said, hearing sirens coming their way.

"Then let's go. It not far away," Korra jumped onto a truck, which was moving. Mako and Bolin followed. When the truck was next to a building, Korra jumped to the building, which looked like motel. She ran. Climbing and jumping over electric fences, along with barbed wire fences as well. The cops must have seen them, because they were now chasing.

"Stop in the name if the law!"

"Don't stop you two," Korra told Mako and Bolin, who were on her heels. They were almost to HQ when a shot was made, followed by more. A few seconds later, Korra and the boys jumped into a vent, belonging to the HQ. When they caught their breath, Korra started walking to her office. Mako and Bolin followed. "They were trigger happy," she pointed out, looking straight ahead.

"It's weird," Bolin said."Usually they only chase."

"We'll have to find out why they shot later. But for now, we need to look at Korra's forehead," Mako said, speeding up to walk next to Korra.

"You're more caring than you use to be" Korra said, feeling the cut. "The fire must have gotten to you," she finished.

"No, it's the fact that you couldn't remember anything. We need our boss back," Mako finished.

"I'm fine, now look after yourself," Korra said. "Because the Benders Mafia won't."