"...Maybe so... When I think about it, maybe I'm subconsciously marking them as competition. Obviously not Yukiko because she's with you now, but Rise-chan would count and now that Naoto-kun is around and that she was really a girl, I might've pegged her too."

"You're starting to piece this all by yourself, and you say you're not that smart." Souji commented, indirectly complimenting her in a sense.

"S-Shut up! It's because you helped me!" Chie blushed in embarrassment, but quickly calmed herself to continue. "Anyway, but now that I'm getting this time alone with him, I've been having actual enjoyable conversations if you can believe that." Chie smiled as she sat down on the bench, letting out an exhausted sigh before continuing. "We also have these in-depth conversations too, I guess... I really do like him... just a bit though."

"Well, what do you like about him?"

"I know he acts a bit goofy at times and sure I do get annoyed by it, but... It's good in a way. He knows how to ease tension in the atmosphere... as well as make it worse." Chie snorted to herself. "He's a dork yeah, but still, he can be caring and sympathetic when he needs to be and I like that a lot. Whenever I have problems, he just shuts up and listens, maybe the occasional remark or two, but he can be a good listener when it's just us. And he really wants to protect those he cares for... just like me."

"Well, at least you're now starting to see what you like in him. But you want to protect him too right?"

"Yeah; I do want to protect him as well." Chie nodded in a more gentle tone as she thought about Yosuke.

"I see... You need to start training some more then." Souji said as he stood up and his hand reached out to Chie's. "But that can wait though, it's getting late and you should rest up."

"Yeah, but Souji-kun... promise me we train some more." Chie grunted as she got up from the bench. "I want Suzuka to get stronger too and she needs to get more of a cut of the action." Chie said as she clenched her fist together and that all too familiar fire appeared in her eyes yet again.

"Of course; anyway let's go." Souji smiled as he walked Chie to her house.

October 16th, At the Dojima Residence.

"Alright, then we'll meet up at the Food court then, see ya there!" Yosuke shouted happily as he hung up the phone. Souji sighed after hearing this and called Yukiko to see if she was going.

"...Well; there goes my plan to invite you to my house."

"I'm sorry, Chie asked me to go help her and everyone else... and you never told me you were going to invite me over, if I had known that, I would have made a lie up to Chie." Yukiko said as her tone grew saddened.

"It's alright, I wanted to surprise you, but I guess we'll go. Can I at least pick you up at the bus stop?"

"Sure, I'd like that." Yukiko's tone began to slightly perk up. "Okay, I'll see you there."

Junes, Food court.

"It may as well be a custom for us to meet up here like this." Yosuke said giving off his trademark smile. "But that aside, mind if I borrow your notes?"

"Well... only if you get me some melon soda." Chie said with a playful smile.

"So you'll lend me your notes if I buy you a soda...?" Yosuke asked in some slight irritation and confusion.

"Could be." Chie bluntly put it with a smile with Yosuke making a light groan to himself; his wallet is never safe with her around.

Naoto had let out a faint laugh. "Hmhm, Yosuke-san and Chie-san seem to get along pretty well." Naoto's face cracked open a smile after saying this with her eyes closed in affirmation.