Most people were celebrating at this time, so it wasn't difficult to find a place where she could be alone. Sitting under a large tree, far out of sight from the revelers, she heaved a sigh of content, unmindful of the grass-stains her white dress was bound to pick up. Closing her eyes, she allowed herself to feel the pain of losing her family, her home, the torture inflicted upon her in the Death Star, though instead of tears, she only felt a heavy weight in her chest...a weight that slightly lifted as she reminded herself of the victory they had won...but it was not enough. The victory felt shallow compared to her personal loss.

"Running away from the party, Your Worshipfullness?"

She surpressed a groan.

Opening her eyes, she looked up at Han Solo with a forbidding frown that had no effect on his irrepressible smirk. She tried for diplomacy, "Would you please give me a little time alone and go back to whatever immoral escapade you were last tangled up in?"

"I believe the last escapade I was tangled up in was your dicey little plan for destroying the Death Star. As for immoral escapades...well, that's why I'm here now, isn't it?" he waggled his eyebrows at her.

She groaned aloud this time. "Why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Did you think I was easy?"

"Yes," she gave him a deadpan look in response to the innuendo.

"Ouch," he settled down easily beside her, "So tell me, Princess, why exactly are you not getting yourself drunk and enjoying the festivities?"

"I could ask you the same question," she glowered, shifting a little away from him.

"You have a hangover, don't you?" he looked amused, "I knew you were drunk last night."

"I was not! I hardly ever drink-"

"Which means you don't handle alcohol well when you do."

"I wasn't drunk. And I don't have a hangover," she muttered defiantly.

He fingered his medal idly, "I'm starting to think the effects of the alcohol still haven't left your system if you decided to give me this."

She glanced up in pure surprise at the impassive comment. "Are you mocking the idea of a reward for bravery?" she asked sardonically, "I thought you liked rewards."

"I do. When I deserve them," he rested his arms over his knees in a curiously vulnerable pose. "Don't get me wrong, I definitely wanted some sort of monetary refund for risking my life. But, a medal for bravery? I'm not brave, Princess, I've been goddamned selfish since the unhappy day I crawled out of my mother's womb. One good act doesn't make me a nice man."

She felt stunned. She wouldn't have expected such an outburst from him and yet, she understood what he meant. "You're right," she said carefully, "One good act doesn't make you a nice man. But, it's not about the act, it's about the intent, isn't it? You came back to fight when you could have left with your money. I'm not saying you've suddenly redeemed yourself," she said hastily, giving him a frown, "You're still a scoundrel." He grinned at that and she continued, "But whether you like it or not, you deserved the medal for what you did. You helped destroy the Death Star and you helped fight the Empire. Without your help we'd most likely be dead. So, this is our way of thanks."

Han looked contemplative for a few minutes, uncharacteristically solemn. Then he nodded his head slightly, "Okay."

"Is that why you came to find me?" she asked curiously, "To find out why you got the medal?"

"No, I didn't come to find you, I was here already," he stated, "What's – her – name – Talia? No...Tanya..."

"Tabitha?"