"That was at least five fucking minutes," Niall grumbled and slowed the car. "Liam left without us!"

Harry shook his head and closed his eyes. "I don't care, I knew he wouldn't wait, anyway. His life is on the line."

"Hi, Evelyn," Niall said, not making any kind of eye contact with me.

"Hi, Niall."

"So where are we going?" Harry asked, rolling his head to the side to look at his friend. "And are we running from the police or the FR?"

I snickered. "Faulty Rescuers."

Niall laughed and Harry glowered right at him. "You wont be laughing when they're holding a fucking knife to your throat," Harry hissed at him.

"Aw, he's scared," Niall moaned childishly and barked out a laugh.

"Says the one driving 20 over the limit," Harry shot back and flicked Niall's ear. Niall swatted his hands and tried to punch Harry's arm.

Niall let go of the wheel and grabbed Harry's shirt's collar with one hand and pointed at his face with the other. I let out a piercing shriek as the car moved to the right and slapped Niall's arm.

"Get the fucking wheel, you donut," I screeched and he screamed back at me, clamping his hands down on the steering wheel.

"Why is nobody but me taking this seriously?" Harry yelled and finally locked his seatbelt. "We are being chased by psychotic killers who are killing killers!"

"If so-" Niall said then stopped. "If so, if so, we know weeeeee'll be coming-"

"Stop." Harry grunted and elbowed Niall in the ribs for singing.

"Dude, they're, like, still in Brisbane or somewhere, calm down," Niall insisted.

"Brisbane? They. Stabbed. Me, you dickhead. We're not in Brisbane."

"No cursing in front of the lady, asshole," Niall said and sighed, finally concentrating on the road. "Look, now, you made me miss a green light."

"Stop being so goddamn annoying!" Harry screamed and bashed his head into his seat.

"Shut up--I forgot--," Niall said, lowering his voice, "Ashton's asleep in the back."

-

For the following hour, I borrowed Niall's headphones that he claimed he "doesn't use" because he doesn't "have any fucking time to listen to music, how said is that?". I obviously didn't have anything downloaded on my phone so I secretly took Harry's phone and used his wifi.

After listening to many hits, devoid of amusement, I felt nauseous and was quick to retrieve the bottled water from Harry's backpack. It took only two sips of water and I immediately felt refreshed, the urge to throw up minimizing to a slight throb at my stomach. Or maybe that was just hunger.

I resisted the urge to sleep, succumb to slumber, but I was already far from entertained, bored, and according to Niall this car trip might take days so I gave in.

Almost.

I was half-asleep when I suddenly felt like I was falling, for a split second. Floating. And opened my eyes to the roof of the car.

Nothing serious; just something seventy percent of the human population experience.

I shuddered and turned to the side, my back pressed flat against the backseat and my feet on the car door. I closed my eyes, after a moment of feeling the car drift to the side. And then Harry's voice, barely audible, whispering something about his turn. Niall muttering something back. And then the car stopped.