It wasn’t long and her guards came for her. Callista left her room and was not worried. She had her four devoted guardians with her. She knew no matter what happened they would never leave her.

Callista didn’t remember the walk at all as she found herself outside waiting to be presented to the Unseelie court. “Her Royal Highness Princess Callista of the Dark Elves. Heir to the pixie throne. Callista took one deep breath as she heard her name called. Letting it out she held her head high and entered the ball room.

The teenage girl descended the stairs with the grace of a swan. Every step was deliberate. She reached the bottom stair to find Moryn waiting for her. He offered her his arm with a nod. She returned the graceful nod accepting his arm. Moryn escorted her to where their father sat on his throne and she went into a deep curtsy. Her father nodded at her and Moryn escorted her to her table.

‘Excellent,’ She heard Cavin say.

‘Thank you,’ She replied sitting down. She glanced at those at her table and found the Goblin King was seated among the occupants.

“King Aidan,” She greeted with a gracious nod.

“Princess,” He replied in acknowledgement.

Dinner was quickly served and at the kings command they began to eat. Soon the meal was finished and it was time for the dancing to begin.

“Daughter,” Soren said appearing next to Callista. “Shall we?” Callista nodded and leaving the table with her father they entered the dance floor. Once again the dark king took his daughter in his arms and began to dance. After a few moments others joined them on the dance floor.

Once again Callista found herself spending a lot more time on the dance floor than in her seat. After a time she was finally able to truly look the room over. It was decorated with dark and olive green as well as black. Several chandeliers hung but it was darker than her first ball. The girl didn’t mind though she found it just as beautiful.

Slowly she began looking over the occupants of the room. It was then she realized she seemed to be the most modestly dressed woman there. She then noticed all three of her brothers were surrounded by women. A glance at the goblin king and his entourage didn’t surprise her. ‘My brothers are playboys too,’ Callista thought. She had to fight the urge to roll her eyes.

‘Most men who have power residing in darkness are,’ Cavin informed her. She looked at him. She started to head toward her captain when she felt a hand on her arm.

“May I have this dance?” The Goblin King inquired.

“I’d love to,” She replied and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.

Aidan held the girl as he had at her first ball. They moved to the music and Callista found she felt very comfortable in his arms. “Thank you again, for letting me spend time in your Labyrinth,” Callista told him.

“You are very welcome,” He replied. “You still need to come back and finish.”

“I plan to,” She replied.

Soren was seated in his chair as he watched The Goblin King escort his daughter to the dance floor and begin to dance with her. The dark king didn’t show it but he was pleased by the sight.

Casually the dark king glanced around the room. He saw a few faces of disappointment among both men and women. The women were disappointed the goblin king wasn’t dancing with them. The men were because it would be very hard to compete with The Goblin King. They were silently hoping to be the one to console her once he’d broken her heart. None knew of the potential betrothal between the two. That was a little secret only he and those closest to him would know for now.