**Chapter 1**

**Author's Note**

I hope you like the first chapter. Let me know what you think by either voting or commenting. The GIF image on the side is of Shenae Grimes so is who I have down as Siena.

~Ariel =D

_______________________________________________________________

I feel like I have been on this plane forever. I am looking through my iPod at all the pictures of my dad and step mom.

When I see the pictures of my dad with his dark brown hair covering his light brown eyes I want to laugh. He always said that he would get a haircut the day pigs fly. Well thanks to the commercial with the pig on a plane we made him get his hair cut. I look at my step mom sitting next to my dad I laugh because they took the picture at the same moment my little brother thought he would throw is red juice on his mom’s white shirt.

Thinking about Elijah makes the silent tears start up again. He looks so much like my dad and his mom. Elijah has my dad’s dark hair but his mom’s grey eyes. The last time I saw my brother he was five and I was leaving for college. Now I am on my way back home so I can raise my now twelve year old brother.

Two days ago shortly after my college graduation ended I got a phone call. It was a police officer saying that my parents died in a car crash and that they need me to come and identify that is was my parents. When I asked about my brother they said he was at a friend of his and the parent agreed to let him stay until I returned home.

I shake my head to try to stop crying. Looking around I see people are grabbing their things and leaving the plane. So I take a deep breath and get up and grab my bag. Elijah’s friend’s parents drove my car here last night so I could get to their house. They said they left the address on my driver seat and told me where it was parked. After grabbing my bags I head outside to the parking lot and stop at the trunk of my car.

I first make a stop at the police station and do the job that made me cry even more. Once I step back outside I take a deep breath knowing that I have to be strong for Elijah.

Walking down I bump into someone, “Oh shit sorry.” I hear as soon as my butt hits the cement.

I get up and dust off my pants, “I’m fine.” I say before bending down to grab my purse.  

I look up at the person and see a pair of brown eyes.

A guy comes up behind him dressed the same, “Landon are you messing with this girl?”

The guy in front of me looks at the guy next to him, “No I was texting you and bumped into her.”

His friend shakes his head before his grey eyes look back at me, “You new here?”

I shake my head, “No just came back from college.”

“Miss Fischer?” I turn to see the guy I had to identify my parent with.

“Yes?” I ask.

“You forgot your phone. Also the family your brother is with right now called and said they got your place ready.” He says handing me my phone.

“Thank you. You will let me know if you find out anything about the other driver.” I ask.

He nods looking at the guys in front of me, “Guys your shift is about to start.”

They nod before the guy with grey eyes says, “It was nice to meet you Miss Fischer.”

“Siena.” I say right when he finishes.

“Jude.” He replies before walking into the police station.

“I guess I will see you around Siena.” The guy name Landon says before following Jude into the building.

Now it is time to go and see how my brother is holding up.

{Landon’s POV}

That last name sounds familiar but I cannot place where I heard it.

“Guys I want you to keep an eye on Siena until we find the driver who hit her parent.” The chief says.

“Who was her parent sir?” Jude asks.

“You remember the couple that was in the car accident two days ago?” The chief asks. Once we nod our head in agreement he adds, “That is their oldest daughter. She now has to take care of her twelve year old brother. That girl though has a good head on her shoulders. She just finished getting her law degree.  

“Wow. Do you know yet if the driver of the other car wanted her parents dead or if it was just another drunk driver?” Jude asks.

The chief shrugs, “That Jude we still are not sure about.”