Chapter 2: Meeting Zayn

Harry's POV
It's Friday around 10 am, and I'm least than excited to be up this early in the morning. I've been dragged out of my comfortable bed by Liam and Niall, because they were 'serious' about helping them out. We've just arrived and I'm already dreading the day of work. I was hoping to snoop on Louis' page for more inspiration. I wrote down a whole bunch of stuff last night in my brown leather notebook, hoping for something to come together. I felt so inspired by such a picture, I was excited for the future. Niall calls my name and I jog into the building.

As I enter it, I noticed the interior was quite old fashion. It had black and white tiles all over with a bar type of style counter. The front room has waiting chairs with red cushions on it, and a few designs on the wall. In the back, there are 4 different rooms. Three for tattoos and one for piercings. Each room had three red walls and one black wall. White splatter paint on the black wall as well as a giant mirror hanging. The counter full of equipment was wrapped around two red walls and a black, leather chair in the middle. I notice on each door had someone's name. As I walk further into the back, there's a room for coffee and water. It's a break room, it was a pretty cool set up.

Niall pulls me over and asks me to start hanging some of their basic tattoo designs on the wall, while Liam and him build a bookshelf. I start hanging up some designs placed on the chair beside me.

Time and time passes slowly before it's nearly 2 pm before the place is nearly finished. Niall and Liam are finishing the back with the break room stuff, like microwaves, the fridge, and such. I sit behind the counter, knowing that Niall and Liam will give me a job here if I asked. I take another look around, liking how put together the shop is. The open sign hanging in the window, blinking brightly.

I hear the front door open and a few different footsteps in the lobby area. I haven't looked up, too focused on writing lyrics in my brown leather notebooks. Struggling to piece a perfect song together.

Niall's POV
I hear the front door bells jiggle, and I start to head to the front of the building. I take notice of the two different people in front of me; a man and a woman. I glance over and see Harry writing vigorously in his music book, which I smile at.

I clear my throat and the customers look at me, "Looking for anything particular?" The woman nods, "yeah! I want a set of angel wings on my bicep. Like a heart with angel wings and a halo." I nod, "your name?" She smiles, "Katie." I nod before calling for Victor. Victor is the 3rd person we have working here, who does tattoos and piercings until we find a piercings only guy. "Head back with Vic. He'll help you.. Unless you preferred a girl?" Katie shakes her head no before following Victor. Liam walks up behind me and smiles before smacking the back of Harry's head. "Ow," I hear Harry say. "Oh," he says sheepishly. I continue, "alright what about you?" "M'names Zayn." Liam and Zayn make eye contact and they both flush pink. I smirk, "what would you like, Zayn?" He points to the ZAP design on the wall. "Ah," I say, "Liam drew that. So, Liam will take good care of you." Liam nods his head before leading him to the back.

Few hours later

Harry headed out to get some food for the four of us, which will probably take more time than needed. Zayn finished before Katie, I start to converse with him, "you like the tattoo?" He nods happily, "yeah! My friend, Louis, couldn't come today but he lives for tattoos." I beam, "aye! If you want, let him know about us!" Zayn laughs before nodding. Katie comes out and squeals, thanking victor before paying. Harry walks in with food, while Zayn and Katie leave. Harry smiles dreamily at something, before setting the food down. "What?" I ask Harry. Harry jumps at my voice, before sighing, "I think I'm in love." I raise an eyebrow and Liam enters the room. "Yes, Ni! I'm serious. He's absolutely beautiful," Harry gushes like a little schoolgirl. Liam laughs at how smitten Harry already is, and we listen as Harry goes on and on about his 'muse.'

Harry's POV
It's around 11 pm by the time, I could properly look at Facebook again. I notice that Louis accepted my friend request, giving me the opportunity to creep on his page. I notice that Zayn and him are best friends, and his family is very posh. I notice he never fully smiles unless he's out with Zayn or when he got his first tattoo recorded. It's like love at first sight, and I'm not sure how to handle it except write.

Time passes and a new post from him appears on his page.

"Super bored. Someone message me :("

I hesitate before messaging him,

"Lmao. Super bored myself. Let's keep each other company?"

I don't get an immediate response which makes me sad, but I don't worry too much. Right before I go to bed, I see my screen light up.

"Sadly, I'm going to bed. Message me tomorrow, curly!!"

I nod even though I know he can't see me. I go to bed with a dreamy smile on my face. Excited for tomorrow to come around.

HI! I'm really hoping you are enjoying the book so far :) I'm on vacation plus working on another book so be patient ;) Hope you enjoy! Happy Easter (if you celebrate that). -Tory