"Daddy," I heard Kaliyah scream and next all I heard were her tiny fast paced footsteps.

Since I was in the kitchen I didn't see him, not that I wanted to. We still lived together but other than that it was like we were strangers. We didn't share a bed because he was literally gone all day and night and when he did come back he was usually dressed something different.

Me and Danielle continued talking and cleaning until Kaliyah ran into the kitchen. I gave her a stern look and she stopped in her tracks and stopped her running and started walking.

"Mommy daddy got me a bike!"

"Bike?"

"Yes, it's pink and it had diamonds on it. Come see," she didn't give me a choice she grabbed my hand, "You to Auntie Dani."

She pulled me through the house and right through the front door. Outside was indeed a glittery pink tricycle with a helmet and all. Kaliyah looked up at me with a huge smile on her face waiting to hear my reaction.

"It's so pretty," I bent down to her level, "And it has your name on it."

"I know," she smiled.

"It's nice, can I ride it," Danielle asked her.

"No," she turned to Danielle and laughed.

"Where's daddy," I asked her.

"He-,"she turned and I watched as August walked out the house. We made eye contact but soon after I focused my attention elsewhere, I didn't have anything nice to say so I wouldn't say anything at all.

"Ready," August asked Liyah as he walked up to her.

"Yes," Li-Li clapped her hands excitedly and he walked up to her and helped her get on. One she was on he helped her put her feet on the pedals and showed her what to do. I didn't even realize I was smiling until Danielle spoke.

"He looks like he's in a good mood," Danielle pointed out.

"For now."

The past year and half has been hell. Ever since Dorian or D was killed things have been hectic. Julianna was heartbroken and when she got offered a full time position at the company in New York that she was interning for and she took it. I couldn't blame her, she dealt with the pain of his loss by jumping head first into her career.

August took it hard, D was like his brother. At first he was just sad and depressed. I stayed up looking after him, making sure he ate and slept. I was there for him through it all and since D didn't have much family I helped Ms. Sheila with his funeral. After the funeral came the anger, August became dead set on revenge.

I tried talking him out of it but you couldn't talk August out of anything, especially when everyone around him kept asking him what he was going to do. He told me that he just needed to know that whoever it was that killed D was dead and in a way I understood. He promised that after that he would be done, things would go back to normal but they didn't.

He started coming home at all hours, drunk and high and I just thought that it was apart of the grieving process at first. But the more I tried to talk to him the more he would shut me out. He started turning into someone that I didn't recognize. He had a problem with his temper and over the past year became verbally abusive. He could be cruel and the old me would have no problem going back at him but there was just so much I could take.

To make matters worse I started getting harassed by females. Somehow a few got my number and started sending me texts and pictures of him and them, some even telling me that he was going to leave me for them. Things got crazy when one girl sent me a video of her sucking him off. I felt betrayed and hurt but still here I was.