Chapter Two

Chapter Two--
I woke up to the sound of the shower running. I rubbed my hands over my face groggily, looking next to me. Nick wasn't there so he must be in the shower, and the digital clock on his bedside table read that it was 2:45 AM. I so did not want to get up right now. I lay in bed for a few more minutes, thinking of wether I could get about twenty more minutes of sleep, or just get up now. I chose now, as much as I didn't want to. I sit up on the bed and swing my legs over the side. I run a hand through my long, brown hair. I walk into the bathroom, seeing my boyfriend at the sink with just a towel wrapped around his waist. I go stand next to him, leaning on the counter. He looks over to me, a toothbrush in his mouth. I smile and run my hand through his damp, dark, curly hair.

"Your hair is still wet." I scrunch up my nose and look at him up and down. Without saying a word, Nick leans down, holding his towel tight, and shakes out his hair like a wet dog. I close my eyes, feeling slight water spray all over me.

"Nick!" I squeal, laughing. When he's done, I start to brush my own teeth. He walks to our room to get dressed, and I now have the whole bathroom to myself. When I'm done putting on my make up and doing my hair, it's 3:30. We leave this house in about an hour. I walk to our bedroom, my suitcase neatly packed, and my carry on next to it. I pick out a pair of high waisted shorts and a white tank top that criss crosses in the back. I slipped on some simple black Vans and then proceeded to roll my suitcase out to the main foyer.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Nick drinking coffee at the kitchen counter. I went and sat next to him, putting my hands on the counter in front of me.

"You excited?" I break the silence and he puts his mug down.

"Sure am. I'm even more relaxed and excited knowing that you'll be there with me." He looks over at me, his brown eyes looking happy. Without thinking, I leaned over and put his face in my hands, kissing him passionately. He immediately stands up, bringing me with him. I jump up and wrap my legs around his torso, putting a hand in his hair. We pull away to catch our breath and just smile at each other. Then the kissing continues for a good ten minutes. Eventually, he let me down and I give him a tight hug.

"What's this for?" He chuckles, kissing the top of my head.

"I like your hugs. They're the best." I answered, putting my arms around him even tighter. He wraps his strong arms around me, holding me close.

"Oh yeah! When we're done on tour, I have to do the music video for Pom Poms. Remember me talking about that?" Nick pulls away and keeps me at arms length.

"Oh yeah. You said it was going to be on a football field and there'd be cheerleaders and all that jazz." I roll my eyes, shoving my hands in the pockets of my shorts. My gaze went to the window that looked into our backyard and it was still dark outside. Of course, it was 4:00 in the morning. But it felt like it was 8:30.

"Yeah, it's gonna be awesome babe. But we should say goodbye to Elvis and make sure that the house is clean. We also have to drop him off at the Kennel." Nick kisses my forehead and smiles before exiting the room. I slightly nod and follow him, cleaning every room on the way.

"Time to go babe." Nick puts his hands on my hips as we stand in the foyer, our bags ready. Elvis was calmly sitting next to us, panting.

"This is so exciting!" I cheer, putting a big smile on my face.

"Gosh, I cannot wait to see my brothers. I feel like I haven't seen them in forever." Nick says, looking me in the eyes.

"Will we get any hangout time?" I asked with an unintended smirk. Nick smirked back.

"I didn't mean it that way!" I slap his arm and scold him like his mother.

"I wouldn't mind though." He shrugs, biting his bottom lip and driving me crazy.

"We need to get out of here before I am tempted to bring you to bed." I say, pushing him toward the door. I snap Elvis' leather leash on him while rolling my suitcase out to the car. Nick locks the door behind us, all of our bags with us. I'll miss the house over the next month. We get our bags loaded up in the car and I put Elvis in the backseat. It takes us only about twenty minutes to get to the Kennel that were putting our dog in while we're gone.

"Love you boy. See you soon." Nick kisses Elvis on the head while petting him. Carol, the owner, takes him back to where he'll be staying with the other dogs. We pay and then we're on our way to the airport to fly to New Jersey. When we arrive at the airport, we've got some time to spare. Nick and I get our tickets and then sit in the lounging area.

"Hungry?" Nick asks, putting his hand on my knee.

"A little. We didn't eat this morning." I reply, putting my hand on top of his.

"Okay. Want me to get us something?"

"Airport food is gross babe." I wrinkle my nose in disgust.

"Well.....that's our only option. You should've ate at home instead of kissing me the whole time." He smirks. He's playing a game with me.

"Excuse me mister?" I sit back in my chair, a shocked expression on my face.

"Just sayin honey." He leans back in the plastic chair, looking around the big airport.

"Flight 265, boarding for New Jersey"

The intercom called. Nick and I got up and walked hand in hand to board. We handed the stewardess our tickets and boarded the plane. I knew that Nick wasn't the biggest fan of flying. He gripped my hand tight as we walked to our seats.

"Flying isn't your thing, huh sweetie?" I snicker, putting my hand on Nick's upper arm.

"Not totally." He tenses up and clutches the arm rest in between us.

"Just relax sweetheart. We'll be back on the ground before you know it." I kiss his jaw lightly and run my hand up and down his arm in a comforting way. The flight attendant goes over safety and Nick looks nervous the whole time. He's flown a dozen times, but he's not totally used to it. I love flying, like really love it. My first experience on a plane was when I was 12 years old and I absolutely adored it. But that was before my Mom left and it was just Dad and I.

My mother left us when I was 13 to run away with some other man. I haven't contacted her since. And I plan to keep it that way. So whenever we see Nick's parents, I really feel like Mrs. Jonas is my mother. And Nick knows that. They all know that.