Chapter 32 - Human Troubles

Shiori pov:

"So! What so you think of my house?" I asked with a grin as I looked back at Sousuke. I had just finished showing him around my simple one bedroom house and he had looked around silently.

He gave a smile and a nod. "Its small but welcoming." I rolled my eyes at his description.

"It must seem small to you because you're so used to being in a place as big as Las Noches." I shook my head with a dramatic sigh.

"I suppose so." Sousuke chuckled and walked up to me. He cupped my cheek gently, making me look at him.

I smiled in return and placed my hand on top of his. We stared at each other of a few moments before he leaned down to place his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, immediately responding and closing the gap between us. I brought my hands around his shoulders and tilted my head as he ran his tongue over my lips. I parted, letting his tongue dance with mine. It made me light headed and goosebumps erupted on my skin.

I couldn't stop a light moan from escaping my mouth as Sousuke wrapped his arms around me and lifted my shirt to touch my bare waist. It was going a bit too fast and I pulled away from his lips before things got a bit too heated up. I was already weak in the knees and Sousuke had to hold me up against him as I nearly collapsed.

He chuckled making me blush in embarrassment. "So weak from just a kiss? You're so innocent, Shiori. But I must say, I'm impressed at how easy you decipher people. You're a strange human." He said and came down to give me another chaste kiss.

This short kiss actually made me even more dizzy. I had to let Sousuke go and sit down on the couch until the room stopped spinning. Talk about the effects of being madly in love! I wonder how long it would take for me to get used to such kisses.

I shook my head letting out a deep breath before standing up. I walked to my room and pulled out my phone that I had switched off and kept in my drawer. I switched it on and immediately received several messages, a few of them being very recent requests to have a look at one of the older patients who had come to us.

I walked back to the living room and Sousuke was sitting on the couch with his eyes closed. I pressed my lips into a thin line before heading back to my room and getting out a pair of clothes for him. They were men's clothes that I had bought for a cousin. But it had been so long since I even contacted anyone from my family side so this particular outfit had gone unused. It looked to be Sousuke's size so nodding my head, I walked back to the living room the clothes in hand.

"Sousuke? Why don't you change into these? You're clothes will get too much attention." He looked up at me and raised a brow at the clothes I had in hand.

It was a simple formal pant and white full sleeve shirt. Surprisingly, he didn't ask me any questions as he took the clothes from me. I turned away blushing madly as he began to strip right in front of me. He chuckled and the heat of my face increased as I heard the ruffle of clothes as they met the floor.

"Are you embarrassed, Shiori? Come now, I'm sure this isn't the first time you've seen a man naked." He teased.

"Well I haven't seen you naked before! And you're my lover....of sorts. Its obvious I'll be embarrassed!" I hollered without turning around.

He just laughed again and when he signaled that he was done dressing, I turned to face him. I walked up to him with a smile and took a hold of his hand. "Now lets go to the hospital! I have to show off my job." I winked and he smiled amused.

He nodded and both of us headed out of the house and down the three blocks to the hospital.

Just as I had expected, the minute I entered, every single one of the staff ran towards me wailing. "Yukimura sensei!! You're back!" "We missed you! You'd left us for so long!!" "Do you know how much work had been piling up?! I'll leave the papers on your desk!"