Chapter Sixty Three

Start from the beginning

As soon as I gasped for oxygen, my eyes began to sting and I clamped them closed.

"You okay?" Harry asked.

"Yeah." I said, wiping my eyes.

"I haven't been in a pool for aaaages," he said, splashing his hands in the pool. The water was up to his neck where he was and he was kicking himself up. "Come here," he called.

I shook my head. "I don't like deep," I frowned and lowered myself into the water. It was getting chilly and the water was warm compared to the air.

He smirked and shrugged. "Suit yourself, I'll just be swimming in the most fantastic part of all," he said.

"It's not fantastic with you in it," I said.

"Ruuude," he muttered and swam away on his back. He dived in the water and came back up after a moment, his hair straight. I laughed, "What?" he asked.

"Are you ever going to cut your hair?" I smirked.

"Ey ey ey. Criminals don't have time to cut their hair," he said.

"Honestly, keep your voice down," I whispered. "Might as well scream to those people that you killed someone."

"Hey, girl!" Harry shouted, catching both guys' attention and not any of the girls'.

"Shhh," I muttered, mostly to myself, and fell into the water neck-deep and turned away. I covered my face, flustered. "You're going to get us caught."

Harry shrugged. "They wont care."

I stared at him wide-eyed and he slowly sunk back into the water. I could see his dark hair as he swam to my right. I felt a strange knot in my stomach and looked up. All of the teenagers were looking at me.

I swallowed and turned away, all the while considering flipping them off but that wasn't right because 1. there are four of them, not that they'll beat me for such reason, but, I mean, there're psychos about--Harry,--and 2. I am only rude to Harry.

I heard a guy whisper (I honestly think he doesn't know that I heard him over Harry's splashes) and the other laugh but say Nah, man, wait a bit.

I stared at the water around me, straining to hear their conversation. I was focusing so intently that I didn't hear someone behind me and grab my ankle from under water.

I screamed and pushed myself away. The leg clung on and by this time I knew it was my boyfriend playing this trick, and I laughed to myself, dragging him over to the deeper end with my foot. I gasped for air and dove under, poking his sides. He cringed away, ticklish, and swam to the top. I surfaced and splashed water over his face, yelling Prick.

"You actually scared the crap out of me," I breathed and pushed my hair away from my face. Harry rubbed his eyes, I hesitated, then raised my hands and combed his hair back with my fingers. He took that advantage to rest his hands on my waist and pull me close. I held the back of his neck. "You're acting sort of nice today," I blurted.

Harry's eyes turned away for a second. "I never know," he murmured lowly, "you could die any moment now." I stopped smiling and he planted a kiss on my lips. "Just kidding," he said. "Or maybe I'm not?"

I slapped his chest, scrunching up my lips. "Not funny. Actually feeling kind of paranoid right now," I said and flickered my gaze over his shoulder at the other group. I caught one of the boys staring, but he quickly turned away, smirked to himself and nudged one of the girls.

Harry followed my gaze and gave them one look. "They're just kids," he said loudly, and the same boy looked back. "They got nothin' on me."

The boy laughed fakely then threw up his middle finger. Harry chuckled and shook his head.