Chapter Eight

I can't believe I haven't wrote any more of this story for a month, but I hope you all like this one. I don't want to spoil it but let's just say I cried writing this one.

_______________________________________________________________________________

It didn't hit me until the next morning, Joe had told me his mom was working somewhere out of state and that his dad was dead. That was the whole reason he moved here with his mom. He was still asleep, but I didn't want to wake him. I walked downstairs and over to my moms, to talk to her.

She was in the kitchen like always. "Mom I need too talk to you?"

"About what?"She asked.

"Joe."

"Sit down. Did he hit you? Did he hurt you in anyway?"

"No, he told me that his mom was out of state working and his dad was dead, but we saw both of them last night."

"Hun, calm down he probably just got his words mixed up or something."

"Maybe, thanks mom, I'm going back to Joe's."

"Bye."

I got back to Joe's, he was in the kitchen fixing some breakfast like he always did. I wish we would have taken things a lot slower, I wasn't ready to be a mom, if life had a redo button I would definitely use it and take everything a lot slower. I felt like I had to grow up to fast, I'm only eighteen and don't get to live life the way I want to.

I loved Joe, but I had so much running through my head. I finally worked up the nerve to ask him about his parents.

"Joe, can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"I thought you said your mom was out of state for work and your dad was dead?"

"Rose, I was adopted my adopted dad died. Sorry, I confused you. I've always had visitations with my actual parents since I was born. My mother that owns this house is out of state, but my actual parents live here."

"Joe, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine, I should have cleared that up when I was telling you about it."

"I'm sorry Joe." He kissed me assuring me it was fine.

I went into the living room and sat for awhile. I started having cramps, I didn't think it was anything. I thought maybe it was because I was hungry or something, but after I ate it had gotten worse. I went to the bathroom and found a lot of blood, I yelled for Joe. I showed him. I changed and we drove to the hospital.

The whole way there, I prayed, that my babies would be okay. I felt like this happened because of what I said, to myself. Why was this happening to me? This couldn't be real, I was fine two hours ago, and now everything I had was getting taken away from me.

They wouldn't let Joe in the room for the longest time. Then after hours of them doing a bunch of things they let him come in. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep. He came in and sat at the end of the bed.

"Rose, I love you." He said.

"I love you too, Joe. Are the babies alright?" I asked.

He looked down and I saw tears in his eyes, "No, Rose. There, gone." He took my hand as he was crying.

"What did I do wrong, Joe? I was fine this morning, and now there, not here. Why did this happen?" I asked, crying.

"You didn't do anything babe. This isn't your fault, don't blame your self. We've got our whole lives for kids, Rose."