Chapter three

Mulai dari awal

"You have called my name and I have answered. Welcome to Pandora's heart." A woman with long black hair, surrounded in black sat looking up at the sky.

"Is that your name...Pandora?" Her face was hidden from view but she could see a ghost of a smile touch her lips as her long hair danced with the wind. Her hands clamped on her lap were covered in a black substance her feet were also stained with it.

"I have long but forgotten my name. Locked away, I am lost to the shadows. From your heart you call out to me but I can no longer remember why. A sweet lullaby has enticed you to find me but your eyes still haven't reached the blood moon. You're teetering dangerously on the edge of the truth, slowly your eyes are being resorted but you still stumble in the dark. Amidst your enemies you dance in the land of twilight so run while you still can, run before they catch up to you."

Her vision became hazy as she stumbled, "Do not fear, my stray child you will find me once again. For now it's okay to give in."

Slipping into cool darkness was a welcoming feeling to her feverish skin, but did nothing for her throbbing back.

Bolting up right drenched in sweat her stomach twisted, running a shaky hand through her tangled black hair, her stomach lurched. Stumbling and collapsing in front of the toilet. An unsettling feeling washed over her. Gripping the porcelain with her sweaty palms she regurgitated everything until her stomach was empty.

It was only a dream. Repeating this over and over but no matter how many times she thoughts this it didn't erase the feeling that the dream felt so real.

Looking up from the toilet and wiping her mouth mom looked at her from the bathroom door, worry was written all over her face. It didn't take her long to remember why she would look at her like that. Dawn was just breaking and yesterday she fainted.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?"

Giving her a reassuring smile, "I'm okay mom." That was a lie. She didn't look very convinced.

"It's probably just something I ate." That was a lie as well. "And no I don't need to see a doctor. I just got a lot of stuff going on. Dealing with all the crap with Aaron and I has me all twisted up. " That part was true she was still picking up the piece and wasn't exactly sure if she would ever get over it. More than anything she wanted to call him and tell him about the dream or just listen to his voice, but that wasn't possible.

Not trusting her legs she sat on the bathroom floor clenching her small hands into a fist. She hated more than anything being weak she hated the way it made people look at her. She wanted to tell her mom to stop looking at her like she would fall apart at any moment but she merely sighed getting to her feet shakily.

Standing at the edge of the bed Shila looked at her daughter not exactly sure how proceeded without causing a fight. "Maybe talking to someone might help you feel better about the whole situation."

Sighing and looking at anywhere but her mother, "I don't need to talk about it, I just need to forget." Her looked as if she wanted to say something but she didn't she merely watched as her daughter stumbled back into the room.

"I'll be fine, I promise."

She could see the reluctance in her mother's face but she didn't protest, "If you start getting worse you're going to the Doctor. I'll be downstairs if you need me." Giving Amethyst one last look as she left the room.

She just had to make it to bed without collapsing again and she was home free. Placing her feet down on the plush green carpet her world began to spin, not wanting mom to see her stumble she kept a firm hand on the bed. After a few seconds the dizziness passed, trying to compose herself again she smiled at her mother.

As soon as she closed the door Amethyst sank to her knees, her head throbbing like someone was trying to pry her skull open. Crawling to the corner where her purse had been discarded. Tearing through the contents in search of her medicine like her life depended on it. Grabbing ahold of the plastic was like holding a lifesaver as the tide crashed over her. Downing the pills without water she lay against the carpet waiting for the heaviness to subside wishing that everything would slow down chest, she wasn't always this frail and enveloped in pain. It's funny how one mistake one accident can alter your life.

In the struggle of finding her pills her phone was tossed aside. Grabbing it, it felt like hold a piece of hot lead. What was she hoping to see? A message that said he still cared? Clicking the phone there was no new message and it was like receiving a swift kick to the gut. When will she stop chasing a ghost when the end credits had already rolled? Silent tears slipped down her cheeks and all she wanted to do was fade away.

Taking a deep but unsteady breath, closing her eyes and repeating the mantra: Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in and exhale the pain away. She chanted this in her head; it was a relaxation technique they taught her in the hospital, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. After a while she felt better about leaving the floor. She went about her normal morning routine trying to pretend nothing had happened until she felt numb.

Grabbing a t-shirt and jeans from her closet and hanging them up behind the bathroom door. Her bathroom was small but it served its purpose. Before she stepped into the shower she took a quick look at myself and wished she didn't. Her skin was even paler, dark bags hung under her eyes. From her hospital stay she had become thinner; she looked like death warmed over. She couldn't even recognize herself anymore and it was frightening. Thankful that the fog of the shower covered up her appearance she looked away.

There was nothing like a warm shower, but getting dressed in the cold sucked, her teeth chattering like crazy quickly throwing clothes on and towel drying her ink black hair. Stepping out into her room something caught her eye.

It was the old black book from the book store. It was placed on her nightstand as if it belonged there. With less hesitation this time she made her way towards it flipping it open.

"I guess I could use it as a journal", mumbling to herself. But what she saw made her heart jump. Written on the first page engraved in elegant script was "Angels in the shadows of Demons."

Please vote and let me know what you think!