Chapter 4 ~ Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"I'm not trying to fix you, Kris. I just don't want you to be alone. Cause the feeling of being completely by yourself is the worst feeling in the world. And, I think you are pretty f*cking great. So, get over it." He smirks and he drives towards what I think is my aunt's house.

I give a weak smile. "Thanks," I mumble.

"Anytime," he says as he drums his thumbs on the steering wheel.

A few minutes pass in silence.

"I didn't do it, you know. With Keith. He told me it was your idea," I say lightly as I pick at my nail polish.

"Oh, I know," he chuckles. "It sounded like a cheap porno in there. You had me fooled at first, and then Keith started high-fiving guys and it all made sense. Keith hates high-fives. Plus, I would never make you do something like that," he laughs as he shakes his head.

I gape at him. "Was it really that bad?" I laugh.

"Yeah, but Carly believed it so props to you. Everyone else thought it was pretty hilarious, so I don't know what you are worrying about. Also, Keith convinced a lot of them to go along with it. I'm pretty sure Carly won't find out that it was you smacking your ass and not Keith."

I burry my face in my hands. "Oh God, was I really that bad?" I burst out laughing.

He laughs with me and nods.

"Wait, how do you know what cheap porn sounds like?" I begin laughing harder as he goes silent.

"No comment," he says as he wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh harder.

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna die." I say as I wipe the rain off of my face. My abs (that I don't have) hurt from laughing so hard.

...

Alex pulls up in front of my house. I look at my phone, the clock reads 7:00 p.m. The day flew by. The sun is barely still up, casting a purplish glow on the evening. The clouds cleared up, and the small stars are visible in the darkest parts of the sky.

Alex helps me out of the car and walks me up to the front door. I go to unlock the door when it hits me.

My moms client.

Her car is in the drive way along with another vehicle I have never seen before. Suddenly, noises that also sound like cheap porn come flooding out of the thin walls. I stand on the doorstep mortified. I can't believe this is happening. With Alex right here. My face turns white as the blood rushes out of my head.

I can't even look at him.

"Wanna crash at my place tonight?" He asks as I go to step inside.

I look at him and nervously bite my lip.

Hearing my mom scream, "Harder, harder!" all night long is not ideal.

"Please," I say as I close the door and get back in his truck.

...

We walk into the lobby of a tall apartment building surrounded by other skyscrapers. It is nearly night, the surrounding city of L.A. is lit up bright.