The Train Ride

I wake up the next morning to light in my eyes. I remember that I have to go to Hogwarts today, but I didn't want to leave; nevertheless, I had to. I get out of bed and change into the uniforms previously sent out from Hogwarts. I head down the stairs, soaking up every detail that I know that I will inevitably miss. 

 "You're up a little early I think." My father chuckles.

 "That's rubbish!" I say rolling my eyes, not believing him.

 "No, it is early around 5:00 I believe." He replies looking over at the clock beside him.

 "That's what time I should get up."

"Well if you say so." 

I grab a fresh apple out of the bowl in the middle of the table. I aimlessly walk around the kitchen not knowing what to do with the spare time before the we leave. 

"What time does the train leave?" I ask.

"11, so you better hurry." He teases.

 I take a bite out of the apple in my hand and walk over to the couch to sit beside him.

 "How are we getting to Kings Cross?" I mumble.

 "Same way we got to Diagon Ally."

 "Well I'm going to go get my trunk now. We should leave now since it's 10:50, I cannot believe you thought it was 5:00." I say and point at the clock. 

"What I can't know what the time is always." 

"Well today is one of the days you need to." 

I quickly run out to the car to grab my trunk out. I drag it back inside and walk over to my father waiting for me to grab onto his arm. I hold on tight with my eyes closed and that familiar force happens once again. I open my eyes to find us outside of King's Cross. 

 "What are we doing outside?" I panic.

"Well, we can't have the muggles see us. Besides, you still have time to make it to the train." He drags me into the train station and where we grab a trolly to throw my trunk on. 

We rush down until we are between platforms 9 and 10.

"Where's 9 and...."

"You need to go through the wall." I look back at him in shock.

 "What?"

"Run throw that wall." He says once again. 

I look at him again to see if he is serious and of course, he was. I position myself straight in front of it and look at him one last time for reassurance. He gives me a nod and I look back at the brick wall in front of me. I run full speed at the wall and instead of getting a concussion, I am at what appears to be platform 9 3/4. I look around amazed as children in the same uniforms as me board the train. My father comes through the wall, much more gracefully than me.

"Emily Lupin, are you ready?" He asks me while crouching down to more my level. 

 "Yes." I answer as confidently as I can. 

 "I cannot wait for you to have all the same fun I did at Hogwarts and of course learn." He said while stroking the side of my head. 

"I know, dad." I giggle.

"If anyone is mean to you, use the the magic I've shown you." I reminds me.

"Yeah I know dad." I sigh. "I need to get on the train now."

"Okay, goodbye sweetheart." He said and hugged me tight.

 He stands up straight and we walk over to the train together. I look back at him hesitantly but he gives me another reassuring nod. I give him a small smile and make my way up the steps of the train. I walk down the train hall and look for an empty compartment. Everything seems to be filled so I decide to open the one compartment with just a girl with brown bushy hair was reading.

"Hi, can I sit in here?", I ask the bushy haired girl. 

She nods and I sat down on the other side looking out the window.

"Hi I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger." She announces while reaching out her hand towards me.

 "Hi I'm Emily, Emily Lupin." 

 "Nice to meet you Emily, so what house do you want to get in?" Hermione asks.

 "I want Gryffindor, just like my father." I admit.

 "Me too but I wouldn't be too upset with Ravenclaw either." Hermione says.

 "Yeah, I don't believe there is necessarily a bad house, regardless I think Hogwarts is going to be just fine for both of us."