⎡33⎦

Later that day was Buckbeak's execution. The trio and I were walking in the courtyard when we saw the executioner sharpening his axe. As we passed he looked at us blankly. We walked in silence until we made it back outside through the bridge.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's too horrible." Hermione said. I nodded in agreement. That's when I saw Draco, Crabbe, and Theo standing by a rock.

"It just got worse," Ron said.

"Shit!" I exclaimed going to hide behind a nearby tree. The Slytherin boys were talking to one another as Hermione walked down the steps to the ground. They noticed her arrival and turned around.

"Ah. Come to see the show?" Draco asked.

"You, you foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach!" Hermione exclaimed putting her wand to Draco's throat. My eyes widened in shock as I bit my lip.

"Hermione! No! He's not worth it!" Ron yelled. She stayed there looking at the whimpering Draco and slowly lowered her wand.

She started to walk away but twirled around. Then *BAM* She hit Draco right across the jaw. My own jaw dropped as I covered it with my mouth. The boys all ran away from her and I walked slowly towards the trio.

"That felt good." she said looking at us. We all looked at each other.

"Not good. Brilliant!" Ron exclaimed. We made our way down the stairs towards Hagrid's hut. As we passed the pumpkin patch outside of the hut we saw Buckbeak lying in the grass. Hagrid let us into the hut and we looked out the window at the hippogriff.

"Oh, Look at 'em. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows through 'em.."Hagrid said.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asked looking at Hagrid.

"They'd know it was Hagrid Harry. And Dumbledore would get into trouble." I said answering his question.

"Coming down, yeh know, Dumbledore. Says he wants ter be with me when they... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. Great man." Hagrid told us. 

Hermione stood up. 

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." She said.

"You do no such thing." Hagrid said with wide eyes. "They don't wan' yeh seein' something like that! No. Yeh'll just drink yer tea an' be off. Oh, before yeh do - Ron." He pointed at Ron and turned to a cupboard. When he turned back to face us he was holding Scabbers in his hands.

"Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron said standing up to get Scabbers from Hagrid.

"Yeh should keep a closer eye on yer pets, Ron." Hagrid said.

"I think that means you owe someone an apology." Hermione said advancing on Ron.

"Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know." Ron said.

"Ronald!" I yelled.

"I meant me." Hermione said. Suddenly, a jar behind Hermione shattered open.

"Blimey. What was that?" Hagrid asked. I looked over at the jar and picked up a rock. I handed it to Hermione who examined it.

"OW!" Harry shouted rubbing the back of his head. He looked out of the window and said "Hagrid..."

Hagrid thundered towards the window.

"Oh, Crikey. He muttered. "It's late. It's nearly dark. Yeh shouldn't be here. Someone sees yeh outside the castle at this time of night you'll be in trouble! Big trouble! Particularly you, Harry" Hagrid said rushing around the hut.