Chapter 1 | Begin Again

Kan baddi ghayyir el 'aalam, mish 'eref kif el 'aalam ghayyarne 
I wanted to change the world oblivious to how the world changed me

Kan baddi ehmol el sama, w halla' anja' hemel nafsi
I wanted to hold the sky high and now I'm barely carrying myself

Oul, inni mnih
Say that I'm okay

Oul, inni mnih
Say that I'm okay

- Inni Mnih by Mashrou' Leila

Chapter 1 | Begin Again

"Oh Merlin," Narcissa Malfoy muttered under her breath as she looked through the mail the owl had just dropped. Suddenly, she was rushing towards her only son's room, shouting his name happily at the top of her lungs.

"Draco!", she panted beside the door, "Look at this, an owl from Hogwarts!"

Draco had been throwing a tennis ball against the wall from his bed.

Yes, he was that bored.

However, the news his mother had just brought caught his attention. It'd been weeks since anything interesting ever happened at the manor those days. He needed something to do.

Besides, come on! Who wouldn't be excited to receive an owl from Hogwarts?

He had a few thoughts on mind regarding what it might be in that envelope. That didn't stop the curiosity from creeping into his insides though.

He knew that Luna would die before betraying their friendship and telling people about his secret.

What secret? you may be wondering.

Well, one year earlier, Draco had dropped his mom off somewhere safe and went back to the castle. He'd decided that he should go back and help as much as he could, so he went to Luna. She told him about all the ways he could help, and he helped the injured. They worked for long hours side by side, not complaining once.

A million thoughts kept rushing back and forth into his head as he stared at letter. He knew perfectly well how that small piece of paper could shape his life from that point forward.

He'd be able to finish his education, have one hell of a seventh year, sleep at Hogwarts again, and make it up to everyone he'd wronged in the past.

You can also see her again, his mind added.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

I should open it.

No I shouldn't, what if I was disappointed?

How about I fucking open it and get it done with?

Good idea, Draco!

Thanks, Draco!

Slowly he teared the envelope open, took a deep breath and started reading.

Dear Mr. Malfoy,

We are honored to invite you to come back and finish your seventh year here at Hogwarts. That way, you can finish your N.E.W.Ts with the other fellow seventh years. The school year will start on September 1st like always and Hogwarts Express will take off at eleven am sharp. We await your owl by no more than July 31st.

Due to your excellent marks over the years we are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen as Head boy for this year. If you choose to accept your duties, please head to the first compartment on the train to be informed about all your duties as Head boy. Keep in mind that you will also be introduced to your fellow Head girl.