100th Hunger Games

" Thompson, come on in its getting late", my mother says. " OK I'll be there in a sec". I finish the field I was working on and start towards my neighbor Mrs. Georgia's house. " Thank you Thompson", she says, " I've had trouble tending to the crops ever since Richard died, and its always nice to have help from the children, especially in my old age." " Aww Mrs. G you don't look a day over forty. Plus I'm always happy to help." " Well ur just like your brother good in the fields, modest, and also handsome." A small blush creeps onto my face. " Thanks Mrs. G, well I'll be going now u have a nice evening." She thanks me for the help and I head home.

When I get home my nose flares as the sweet smell of beef stew fills the air. " Did you have a nice time helping Mrs. Georgia?", my mother asks me. " Yeah, but is has been a long day so I think its time for what's in that pot to help me." I walk over to the pot, bowl and spoon in hand. " No no no you know the rules you go upstairs and take a shower, you smell like outside." " Don't we all mom? This is district 11 after all." " Well district 11 or not u still need to wash up, especially today of all days." I tell my mom I'll be ready in about 30 mins as I walk up our creaky stairs. As I go into my room to get my clothes ready for my shower, I think to myself, ' what did she mean by today of all days?'. Then it hits me. " Oh crap, I can't believe I forgot! "

I quickly get out my dark navy blue suit and lay it out. Then I grab my towel and head for the bathroom. I hop in the shower and relax as the hot water hits my forehead. As I stand there I think back two years ago. My brother and I had woke up super early in the morning to harvest the orchards, we discovered that the fruit is its ripest and juiciest at around 3am. Since there was no way that we could go back to sleep, we decided to go into the attic and check out the old knives we had found a few months earlier. After a couple of hours of throwing knives at trees and slicing them in the air, people started to wake up and we had to go inside and get ready for the reaping.