Chapter Four: Chloe

He takes me to the bathroom and locks the door behind us; I hop onto the counter and bury my face in my hands. Colby wraps his arms around me letting me rest on his shoulder. How can I ever be happy with my family being like this? I can't if I continue to let them dictate my life; eventually they'll come around. I hope. "I'm sorry about that, love. If I would have known that was going to happen I wouldn't have talked you into it." "It was gonna happen eventually. You don't have to be sorry." Still, I don't look up even though I can feel him staring at me and I know he wants me to. I won't look up because I don't want to see his facial expression. His lips press against my hair as he rubs tiny circles on my back. "Could I ask you something?" No, no, no, I scream in my head but my heart can't bare to shut the only person in my corner out. I give in with a sigh. "Yes." "What were they talking about?" I knew it. "When they call me fragile?" "Yeah, that. But if you don't want to talk about it I won't push you," he responds pulling my chin up so our eyes meet finally. How could I possibly deny him this? If he plans on spending a while with me its only right that he knows. I hop off the counter and lead him back into the bedroom towards the bed.

"When I first got moved up from being a 'newbie' to a diva on Raw I had been dating this guy, Mano. We'd been together since I was a junior in high school and he was in his sophomore year of college but we'd known each other since we were kids. He is, well was friends with my cousins which is how we met," I pause to take a quick glance at Colby who's watching me, "We were that typical couple. We'd argue a few times here and there but we always made up ya know? And compromised then we were fine. We were happy." My legs shakes nervously, I'm trying to keep myself from breaking down and if I break down Colby will never know what happened. It's been so long since I've talked about this but I do know I'm feeling a little like I did at that time. "And then a couple months after I debuted I finally got a chance to go back home to see my family and him. I was so excited to see him and rushed over to his apartment. He'd given me a key before I left so I used it to surprise him. When I found him he was lying in bed with my best friend; he didn't even care how much he'd hurt me. He said she was there for him when I wasn't because I wanted to chase some stupid dream, as he called it." Tears fall as I laugh bitterly, I feel myself back in that very moment and I hate every second of it. "I thought we were in love and we were gonna get married. I was dead wrong. After that I ran and ran and ran until I got lost and had no choice but to call someone to get me. Jon got to me first, he saw how broken I was and boy was he pissed so of course he told Josh, Le, my dad and everyone else. While they were gone I got a call from her." "Her? Your ex best friend," he asks placing his hand on my knee. I nod, "She was so nasty to me and I could hear him in the background laughing enjoying the whole thing. She told me I wasn't needed, I was a waste of space that no one wanted to put up with amongst other things. After that call, I definitely had a lot to think about and what she said won over all my thoughts because all I could see in my head was him and her laughing and joking at my expense. I figured since I was alone that my family felt the same way that I was a waste of space so I wondered around the house looking for someway to rid everyone of this waste of space. I looked at the rope I had in my garage but then I thought about how long the mark that would leave on my neck which at my funeral would remind my family of how they found me. Then I moved on to my dad's gun collection but I quickly shook that off, I figured my family at least deserved to remember me with a face, ya know. After the guns it was my razors but I thought about how drastic that is and how ugh blood there would be for my family to clean while they grieved. Finally, I settled on pills I'd been prescribed but never took when I sprained my ankle. It was 180 pills in that bottle. I laid back on my bed and took all but three. I figured the pills were the best way because my family wouldn't suffer much. They'd find me 'sleeping' and very peaceful. Of course as you can tell that didn't exactly happen the way I wanted it to. I'd only been out for twenty minutes when Jon and Le found me. Next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital room with people all around me crying. That is why they said what they said." He doesn't say anything he just sits there staring off. I'm pretty sure I've scared him off with my suicide bout which is why I never actually brought it up. Getting up from the bed, I move over to my suitcases to find some pajamas and panties so I can go to sleep and forget this horrid day I've had.

"They don't have to throw it in your face like that though. It happened and you were young they can't hold it over you forever, love. That's not right." Tossing my stuff onto the vanity before going to stand in front of him. He grabs my hands lacing his fingers with mine. He smirks, "I hope you don't think that's gonna run me off." "Honestly, I did. That's why I've never told you about it. I didn't want you to think I was crazy or anything," I tell him as I lean over him. "When we're young and in love you do a lot of crazy things. Trust me, I screwed my first contract because of an ex. I'm not going anywhere, love. I can promise you that." Pulling my hands from his I hop onto his lap and pull him into a tight hug. He is truly amazing. "I think i deserve something," he says smiling at me. "And what's that?" He taps his lips with his index finger. "Oh, how could I forget," I pull my lipstick from my pocket and prepare to put it on his lips, "They did look a little dull." He swats my hand away from his lips laughing. "The only way I want lipstick on my lips is if if came from your lips kissing mine. Now lay it on me, beautiful." "Before I do, I would like to make an announcement." He looks around the room laughing, "To what audience?" I kiss his nose, "You're the only audience that matters, Sweets. Now onto my news. As of 9:45pm, I can officially say to the world that Colby 'Seth Rollins' 'Tyler Black' 'Two Tones' Lopez belongs to the one and only Chloe Kailani Johnson. After hiding it for almost a year I can finally Instagram and tweet our relationship. High five it, Sweets." I hold my hands out between us for him to slap which he did after hesitating playfully. "Does this mean I get to kiss you at work?" "Only if I get to take random pictures of us." He groans but I know he's about to give in. I poke his face a few times before he cracks a smile and bites one of my fingers. "Ow!" "Fine, fine. But you gotta kiss me first." Moving closer, I wrap my arms around his neck pulling us closer and kiss him slowly then pecking his lips twice. He lies back pulling me with him; he runs his fingers through my hair while I draw circles with my finger on his arm. "After our show tomorrow, would you ice me down, love?" "Yes but why? What's going on?" "I'm in a tag team match with Le of course against Jon and Josh. I don't see that ending well," he explains still raking his fingers through my hair. "Awe, Sweets I'm sure they're gonna be adults about it and leave their personal issues out of it." "Come on, Chlo, I know you don't believe that. You remember the night we did our attack on Jon and Josh and Jon got purposeful punches to the face. He ended up with a black eye and busted lip. That if I remember correctly he needed ten stitches for." I wince remembering, "Yeah and all they did was argue about some thing small. I'll have the ice ready for you. And if need be I'll run out to protect you." "And get fined, possibly suspended for messing up the show? No, it's okay. I can handle a few stitches, just take care of me afterwards."

I agree to get us off the subject but I know what my cousins are capable of. He thinks it'll only be a few stitches but I know better. Jon got a black eye and a few stitches and they're family, Colby isn't blood so I'm more than sure they will do a lot worse to him and its my fault. I can't let him be out there alone to take that beating Le is gonna watch him get. I've got an idea that I know Paul and Stephanie will go for and Colby will appreciate in the long run.