Chapter 36

K A S H M E R E

Our last full day in town we decided to explore the city and going to see the sights in Washington DC. I hadn't been back home in years and it was a shock to see how much the city had changed.

We were leaving Monday after noon and as bad as I missed Kaliyah I was going to miss Nathan as well He gave me a sneak peak of his comic and I was beyond impressed. He had talent, I couldn't even draw a decent tree but this boy was able to draw different characters and scenes.

Even though he didn't have his mom in his life Ms. Hayes was doing a wonderful job raising him. He was a good kid. He was positive and had a great spirit. I was thankful that he was so young and didn't understand all of the things that happened back then. When he was ready to know more about his dad, our dad then he could come to me.

"When is the next time your going to visit," Nathan asked me.

"Well I can come while your on summer break," I told him, "And your is during the summer, we can have a big party."

He smiled, "I can't wait."

"I'm going to miss you," I pouted, it was time to say goodbye.

"I'm going to miss you to," Nathan told her, "But we can text and Skype like you said right?"

"Right, you can

"Whatchu know bout Skype," August asked.

"I'm 9, I know a lot."

"Give me a hug."

I opened up my arms and he hugged me and I hugged him back just holding him. When I pulled away I placed a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"Eww," he wiped his cheek.

"Aight my turn," August walked up to him and they did there wack little handshake that they made up yesterday. They thought they were so cool and when I asked them to teach me August told me to quote on quote 'Stay in my line.'

It was a bittersweet. We just got her and already it was time for us to leave. I took us about an hour to leave and when we did I had to keep myself from shedding tears. Me and August headed back to the hotel to pack up our stuff. I thought that we should of did it this morning but he was he insisted that we should do it when we came back. Our plan left in an hour and a half and after we got back to the hotel I started packing but August laid down on the bed and closed his eyes.

"I'm not packing up your stuff August. August?"

"What man," he groaned, "I don't feel good, I need to sleep, some medicine, food or massage or something."

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the edge of the bed. I asked him if he needed something, wanted me to get him something and he said no to it all. I watched the time on the clock and the closer we got to our flight leaving the more I tried to get him to get up until I gave up.

It was 3pm and our flight was probably in the air heading home and we weren't on it. August who has been in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes now. I grabbed my phone and called Ms. Sheila and told her about missing our flight and she didn't seem to messed up about it. She put Kaliyah on the phone and I smiled at how happy she sounded.

When I got off the phone with her I pulled up my phone's browser and started looking for flights home. There was one going out at 11pm and another going out tomorrow at noon.

I looked up as August walked out of the bathroom looking like he didn't have a care in the world.

"What's wrong witchu?"