The Encounter

Percy P.O.V.

It was another normal day at Camp Half-Blood. The sky was blue. The grass was green. The Demeter cabin was planting flowers and strawberries, the Athena cabin was playing chess (I can't stand chess it's just sooooo boring), the Apollo cabin was in the infirmary doing what they do, the Ares cabin was putting new kids heads into the toilet. However, I was just sitting on the beach in the sand, near the waves of the water.(I was too lazy to write what each of the cabin was doing so yeah) I was thinking about blue cookies and Annabeth. Oh how I love Annabeth. She is as sweet as my mom cookies. And that is sweet.

Then I heard a girlish scream, (I am not trying to make fun of any girls, cuz I am a girl) that came from the outside of the border. I uncapped Riptide and ran to where I heard the scream. I saw a boy who was running towards me and he looked around my age but one or two years younger ; with red/blueish eyes, and hazelnut color hair. I looked behind him and saw a hellhound the size of my old step-dad car. So, I leaped into action and I jumped in front of the hellhound and stabbed it in his chest so fast that he didn't see it coming. Then, I looked at the boy to see him looking at me in disbelief and disgust. Wait disgust what did I do? As I thought this, the boy pushed me onto the ground and took Riptide out of my hand. Then, the whole camp appeared. "I was fighting a monster while this idiot was laughing, I know what you're gonna say. I am sooo cool." the boy said. The whole camp looked at him, then me, then started laughing. Finally Chiron said" there is no way that happened, you are lying" . The boy looked angry, then I saw a trident on top of his head. I thought well great I have a lying and cocky brother. This is going to be so fun. Note the sarcasm.

After the trident appeared, the whole camp went silent. You could've heard a pin drop. Chiron said "all hail the son of Poseidon". Great I have to share my cabin with this cocky boy. Aren't I gonna have a good year in camp.