Question No. 1

A plushy couch in soft pastel pink was set in the middle of the EB stage, surrounded by white boxes overflowing with blue hydrangeas, yellow carnations, and huge Ecuadorian roses. The huge LED screen served as the perfect background as it displays wild cherry blossoms in full bloom.

Maine and Alden sat comfortably beside each other, waiting for what will happen next.

Suddenly, Direk Joey's face appeared on screen.

"Hello, Nicomaine and Faulkerson. Nagulat ba kayo? I was hoping you'll be surprised. As the first director of your first movie together, I was tasked to ask you this question: what were you guys thinking the entire time during the movie's photoshoot at hindi kayo nagpapansinan?"

And then the screen froze with Direk Joey raising his eyebrows.

Alden half-smiled, turned to face Maine directly, and said:

"I was inside the room when you first walked in. You did not have make up on and I remember thinking that you were just as beautiful as you were during the Tamang Panahon event. You went past my make up chair without even noticing I was there but I swear to God I felt you.

Ang ganda ganda mo, Maine. I was blown away by how beautiful you are, feeling ko nag short circuit ang buong pagkatao ko. Believe me, the whole time we were together, my brain was desperately trying to come up with something coherent to say pero wala eh.

I am normally chatty. I can strike a conversation with anyone. But during that time, I felt so full and empty at the same time ang hirap i-explain. Punong-puno ako ng ikaw pero kinulang ako sa pagiging ako wala akong maibigay, walang mailabas, alam mo yung ganun?

Kaya tumahimik na lang ako. At ikaw lang ang makakapagpatahimik sa magulong ako."

Maine was looking intently at Alden the whole time. She felt light-headed because the man in front of her just snatched HER words right out of her mouth.

"Alden...", she began.

"Nung pumasok ako ng room, alam ko na andun ka. Alam ko kung nasaan ka, yung exact na pwesto mo. Ramdam ko kasi may hatak eh.

You were on your cellphone before I walked in. I was hesitant to get inside kasi I did not have an inch of make up on, kahit man lang lip tint. Aaminin ko, I was a mess that day. I was so nervous and anxious I was so close to running away. But seeing you there made all the difference.

Kung akala mo dumaan lang ako sa make up chair mo without noticing you were in it, you're wrong. I purposely passed by kasi you have such a positive aura and I needed that at that very moment. You radiate peace and calmness and I wanted a piece of that.

I admit I was distant that day. I was scared. I remember thinking: how could this person induce calmness from a very, very messy me? Magulong magulo din ako, pero sa gitna ng kaguluhan, ikaw ang kalma ko. That day, when people thought I was shy and quiet, I was actually calm."