XxSkater2Girl16xX One-shot Contest

"C'mon Ellie! Please? I promise, it'll be fun!" Anthony pleaded with me. He'd been begging me for the past half hour to run through an obstacle course that he had set up.

I finally gave in. "Alright, alright. Fine. But just this once. Then I'm done."

Anthony punched the air in triumph "Follow me. I'll show you where it starts."

I reluctantly followed Anthony, hoping I didn't hurt myself. As we walked through the aisles, I started to think about how Anthony could go from being entirely serious one minute, to being crazy and excited the next. I keep walking, almost in my own little world, not noticing Anthony had stopped walking.

"Oof!" I grunted as I walked right into his back.

"Something distracting you Ellie?" Anthony asked.

"Psh, no. Of course not! Why would you suggest that?" I rambled on.

"Anyway, here's where the obstacle course starts." Anthony exclaimed excitedly.

I looked down the side of the store we were on in amazement.

"How long did it take you to set this up?"

"Oh, about and hour and a half. It wasn't that hard." He replied.

"That's good that it didn't take to long," I said with a sly smile on my face, "Because you're going to lose!" 

I took off and heard Anthony close behind me. I hopped on the bike and pedaled quickly to the hula-hoops. I hula-hooped 10 times, dropped the hula-hoop and picked up a blue jump rope that was near the hula hoop and quickly jumped down to the part I was dreading the most: the basketbal hoop. I picked up the basketball nearest me, closed my eyes, and shot. I heard the ball hit the backboard, then come back to me. I shot it again, and it still didn't go in. I saw Anthony pick up the ball next to me, and shot mine right away, in hopes of getting a basket befor he did. I heard the sweet swish of the net as the ball went through. I childishly stuck my tounge out at Anthony and ran off to grab a scooter. I weaved in and out in between numerous cones, then jumped on a pogo stick to the finish line. I dropped the pogo stick and watched as Anthony hopelessly tried to pogo stick to the finish line. He eventurally gave up and jogged the rest of the way.

"I told you I'd win." I said with a smile.

----------------------------------------

This is my first "formal" work, so be patient!