Chapter 18: The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

He sat me down on the counter then walked out of the kitchen. What was I going to tell Becky? Wait. Why did I have to go? I could take care of myself now. I had no blockades on my mind. I just needed practice controlling myself and I'd be fine.

Conner walked in. Three huge scratches were healing quickly on his chest. They weren't deep, they were superficial, so it was nothing to worry about.

"You need to pack your things." Connor ordered.

"Grayson brought me down here." I said annoyed.

He sighed and nodded. "I'll take you back upstairs."

I shook my head, "I'll be fine."

I hopped off the counter, I pushed the glass and blood that was on the floor out of my way with my mind.

Conner shook his head. "Fuck."

"What?" I said with a smile.

"You're doing that on purpose aren't you?"

I nodded and smiled, "Isn't it great?"

"No." He growled. I jumped back, surprised.

"Why not? I can take care of myself now!" I argued.

He shook his head. "You shouldn't need to take care of yourself."

"You can't make me go. And you know it."

"Please Casey, just be reasonable."

I sighed. "Heaven forbid you not have control over all my actions."

"Considering I'm Alpha, I'm entitled to having control over your actions."

I put my hand on my hip, "Well, I quit your stupid pack."

He mock laughed, "You're funny." His face dropped all humor and was replaced with seriousness as he pointed out the door, "Go pack your shit."

I made sure that he knew I didn't like his idea by stomping up to my room and slamming the door louder than I ever could before.

I wouldn't pack my clothes to leave. This was my home. I wanted to stay here with everyone. Mostly Grayson, but still everyone. Now that Trevor was gone, I didn't have to be afraid of anyone because Grayson was Beta now, the second in charge of the pack. I flipped through the TV, not finding anything to watch.

Brian came in, fully dressed. "I hope you put your suitcases in the closet."

I nodded, "They're in there."

He walked across the room and opened the closet. "Come on Casey, we need to get going."